BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

check your wheel bolts

4K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  foxey 
#1 ·
lads and lassies, can you all check your wheel bolts. i nearly got caught out tonight for the second time in as many years. by caught out i mean, the wheel hanging on by a thread:rolleyes: luckily, i felt a vibration through the wheel and decided to check it out

#8 ·
Happened to me a few years back in herselfs saxo, don't know why but she decided to take my car home with the kids in it, thank fcuk,
Was flaking down back roads going into a corner & the front drivers wheel came off,
Not a nice feeling going into a blind corner with no control & on the wrong side of the road,
Thank god there was nothing coming the other way..............

#10 ·
Great thread topic Mr.autotrader. People can never be reminded enough.

I've had it happen but i was LUCKY. the wheel came off and the car dropped down on the drivers side wedging the wheel up under the wheel arch. Needless to say the arch was wrecked, headlight and bonnet damaged also. Back then the fast and the furious was all the rage and i had a fiberglass front bumper, it also got smashed.

Good man for checking the shudder, i was driving only a few weeks and went a few miles thinking what wrong here.....wasn't long until i found out :D

And on a further note, doesn't really apply with bmw as most are alloy as standard but make sure to change wheel bolts for required ones if your car came with steelies origionally.

#18 ·
Lou after talking with the lads it was more than likely that time the road was in bits and you wrecked both rims or when the blots sheared in the hub, alls well now its got fixed:)

Well thats May out of the way fingers crossed no costs for the rest of the year

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.