BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

Itcc 2013

Tags
itcc
10K views 65 replies 14 participants last post by  Fiona 
#1 ·
Anybody looking forward to ITCC 2013? It starts in 6 weeks....

Some nice 3's driven by some very quick drivers!

PhilB in the always quick E36
Eric Holstein in the Watchie E36 M3
XXX in a WTCC spec E46 Saloon
Anon in an e36 evo
Will S54 man be out in his new E36GTR weapon for a round or 2?

It's shaping up to be all BMW at the front of the adult's class! The poor honda's wont see what way they went!

#17 ·
I doubt S54 man will be out in ITCC with the GTR . I am actually making a new bespoke loom for the E36 GTR as we speak
Savage :cool: :cool:

The BMWs won't walk away from the Hondas round Mondello
awful misconception that honda's are gonna be slower :D
Yeah was there yesterday few scoobys down and they could do nothing against them, BMW would fair little worse i would imagine. Fast hatch back no weight is where its at :)

#11 · (Edited)
Are we not allowed to mention Dave O Brien no ?

Id love to do a round or Two in the GTR but its not really suited to the itcc regs.
The main most costly point would be wheels, and tyres but there is also the issue of panles not matching the original and the Wing is mahoosive too so its a mile out of regs and its not a sprint car either, it wont be quick in mondello well not as quick as it will be on other flowing tracks wher the aero comes into its own.

Ill ask the Scrutineer when im down there and see what he thinks. It would be a shame not to race with a load of other M's.

The GT class is looking good but its going to be RT's all the way , Mc Bennet will be the only thing to compete with them.
The RT's are now unregulated so i would expect quicker lap times from them.

I have to say, im absolutly Strung out for a few laps.

Fiest'a might be entertaining but dead damn slow from what i hear. 1:22's .......z z z z z z z.......

#12 ·
Are we not allowed to mention Dave O Brien no ?

Fiest'a might be entertaining but dead damn slow from what i hear. 1:22's .......z z z z z z z.......
I don't know if it's a secret or not but seeing as his name was not mentioned I was not going to

The fiesta's might be doing slow lap times but when you have 20 odd cars doing about the same times what difference does it make

#19 · (Edited)
It was xxx on octane or that new site and I didn't want to deviate from that!

The fastest Honda around Mondello was doing 1.54's and the fastest BMW was doing 1.52's. Thats why they wont see what way they went!
(BMW ±290bhp/ton versus the hondas at about ±250bhp/ton)
Not to forget the BMW's have more of a contact patch on 17's or 18's

#23 ·
Ye the compact was nervous enough coming out of 2 but so was the driver which didnt help. :eek:
The GTR should be able to travel through that corner at a much better Pace.
( In theory)

Stifer,Wider, lower, larger tyre, massive wing, better diff and more power.

It Should be Fun :D I cant say there will be a massive difference in lap times mind. If i bust 60 secs in the GTR ill be doing very well. The compact was a 60second car for sure but it was hard to trust it round mondello and i never ever had new tyres near it. The best i managed was mid 101's IIRC but i know it had more to give.The whole rear end of the compact was loose.
The evidence was the wet weather in Aglesea when i out qualified the Sierra.:):):) Not much use in the dry though.
Marks E46 GTR was a good lesson in how a GTR Behaves on a fast flowing track, it wasnt easy to understand it either. The Aero ads so much weight through the turns that its almost impossible to get a feel for the limit. I never found it in marks GTR i was a mile off the pace not helped by failing to get down the Sequential Box properly = Slower Entry and Exit.
Mondello will be comletely different because the aero wont really feature and if anything will create more drag then down force.

We shall see.
Happy days ahead.;)

#27 · (Edited)
Yep she is S54rd allready. Starts on the button and sounds like a john deere cutting silage. It should sound better with Exhausts conected :D
An other teaser for ya'll. It ran first turn, slightly lean on fuel in this one but when we increased the pressure it ran like a dream.
Credit to Mr Gilmartin of course, the man is talented.

See if you can notice the tricks in here compared to other S54 conversions.

Clicky.

#28 ·
Yep she is S54rd allready. Starts on the button and sounds like a john deere cutting silage. It should sound better with Exhausts conected :D
An other teaser for ya'll. It ran first turn, slightly lean on fuel in this one but when we increased the pressure it ran like a dream.
Credit to Mr Gilmartin of course, the man is talented.

See if you can notice the tricks in here compared to other S54 conversions.

Clicky.

what going on with the fuel rail

#29 ·
This car deserves its own project thread. Fuel rail looks like standard s54 but converted to a return system ( or maybe just a pressure takeoff ). Idle controller has been added, presumably to add cable throttle conversion ( can't see clearly enough in pic ) Expansion tank moved to proper location. Engine looks to have been lowered a bit.

BrianF - where do you see ballast mentioned in itcc 2013 tech regs?

#38 ·
Welcome along B.

Whealans car is the one to beat allright. Its not easy beating a guy that has his own engine building company although im not sure where the limit is on the NA 2.0 unit. It must be near it, its quick.
You need to Coax Martin back in the sierra to spice things up a bit.
It will be interesting to see how it goes. BMW reliabilty has to play a big part too. They are one of the most reliable of all cars raced in ITCC thats for sure.
Tezza wont be slow either but iv no idea what they are like to handle compared to the E36's which are proven world wide or what power you plan to have.

What weight class will it be in B ?

but ye it should be great, even as a spectator :(

#41 ·
I won't be coaxing anyone mr Tracey knows where the entry form is and is more than welcome to fill it out and return it with the fee.

Altezza's Handel very well!! Lots if grip. The car will weigh ready to race less than 1000kg so with me and a bit of ballast in the right place it will be 1100 kg on the button. It should have around 250bhp. The engine will remain standard for the time being. There are a few options open on the engine side of things. Rotrex race kit with a C38-91 charger with the restrictor fitted will make 330bhp at the rear wheels on a standard engine. So 370 flywheel bhp. It all depends on how it goes this year. Gearing is the key to the Hondas and I've that end of things sorted!!
With the car being on the weight limit it should have its advantages around Mondello

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.