E46 m3 estoril blue - BMW-Driver.net Forums
BMW-Driver.net Forums  

Go Back   BMW-Driver.net Forums > General Motoring Discussion > The Showroom > Members Cars & Gallery
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise Auto Loans

Members Cars & Gallery Photos and specs of your cars.

Old 06-Jul-2019, 11:21 PM
BMW Driver

Default E46 m3 estoril blue

Been a member years but never posted much, this is my e46 m3 that ive owned for the last few years!
Itís always got everything it needed and Iíd say Iíve only done 600 miles in the last couple of years up until the Nurburgring in April as itís mainly kept in storage

I had it advertised for sale a while back after seeing and being in a built e92 m3 at the ring this year and felt the need for one, couldnít get one remotely near the spec/condition i wanted so decided to hold onto it for another while as I have a decent storage unit so keeping it in a safe and suitable location is no issue!
Also done deal absolutely breeds complete and utter idiots when it comes to trying to sell a car!

Quick spec is:

Bc racing coilovers with adjustable top mounts.
Brembo 8 pot bbk up front with brand new genuine calipers and discs on the rear with braided lines and ds2500 pads all around.
Rogue engineering quickshift
Adjustable camber arms and vac track rods.
Full polybush kit front and rear with all new vac and oem hydraulic bushings and bearings
Scorpion competition stainless exhaust system
Bbs rc style 18Ē with medium zestinos
Royal steering wheels retrimmed steeringwheel

Had a major rebuild this year just before our annual Nurburgring trip!

Itís had a full comprehensive vanos rebuild with every single item addressed including Re-drilled oil pump disc, anti rattle kit, o-rings, solenoids, seals and filters
All parts were oem, vac or from beisan systems
I did the rear boot floor, using Psdesigns plate kit and internal strengthening via Vince bar from
The boot area also

Headgasket issue sorted with new gasket, bolts and water pump
And all valve clearances done to have it absolutely spot!

Underside completely stripped and rebuilt, all suspension components blasted and painted and rebuilt with all new parts from bushings to every single bit and bolt and brake lines

Anyway hereís some pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-Jul-2019, 12:26 AM
BMW Driver

Few more pictures from the build, I went with the full front and rear polybush kit with all new vac rear hydraulic bushes

Psdesigns rear subframe plate kit was used when reinforcing the floor once all cracks and spot welds drilled out and welded first
I made up my own strengthening kit for the top side and welded that in once all the top side cracks and pulled spot welds were welded up!

Skf rear wheel bearings with full drum rebuild kit including cables
Calipers are brand new oem items painted yellow and I went for oem rear discs and ds2500 pads with all new pel braided brake lines along with remaking all the old copper lines and fittings etc

I replaced every single nut, bolt, washer and clips with new high tensile and oem items where possible

Old 08-Jul-2019, 02:28 PM
BMW Driver

Decided before the Nurburgring trip to change to 18s
Opted for Bbs rc style 18x8.5 and 18x10.5 in frosted grey
Wrapped in medium compound zestinos I couldnít have been happier with them!

Thanks From:
hughesmarkie (09-Jul-2019)

Old 10-Jul-2019, 05:31 PM
BMW Driver

Couple more pics from the Nurburgring trip!

Old 11-Jul-2019, 08:03 AM
BMW Driver

Although grey leather is probably the least desirable interior you could get for an e46 (bar cream)
I didnít want to change it from its original interior to black etc so I set about making the original interior as presentable as possible..
I split the door cards and dyed all the non leather bits black to leave it two toned like youíd see in the red/blue leather cars just to break up the grey a bit!
Along with the seat backs, bases and a few other bits.. basically anywhere you see black is what I added!
Fitted black mats and had my steering wheel Re-trimmed by royal steering wheels!
I re-dyed all the leather seats and cards and shrunk the leather where possible!
Itís not perfect but itís pretty good and a lot nicer place to be!

Old 06-Sep-2019, 09:51 AM
BMW Driver

Took the 18s off and fitted a freshly refurbed mint set of 19Ē cslís with some new rubber!
Although the 18ís and zestinos were epic on the Nurburgring, I just never warmed to them!

Old 13-Sep-2019, 07:12 PM
BMW Driver

Few more pics of it on the csls, took the carbon splitters off for good also as although they were a perfect fit and decent quality I just couldnít warm to them!

Ran a starter and finisher tap through all hubs and Fitted all new wheel studs while I was at it as I noticed a few of the old ones were shiny after removing them, must have picked up on the threads somehow.. but anyway all is good in the hood now!

Last pic is with the daily x5 before putting the m3 back into storage before it gets dirty

Old 07-Oct-2019, 04:03 PM
Gold Member

Thumbs up

The csl's finished it

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW-Driver.net Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.

Log-in