Inpa ediabas - Page 2 - BMW-Driver.net Forums
BMW-Driver.net Forums  

Go Back   BMW-Driver.net Forums > Technical Discussion > Engine & Tuning > Coding & Diagnostics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise Auto Loans

Old 29-Sep-2011, 02:03 PM
E46 320d SE
BMW Driver

The battery and ignition dots are not turning black but I am trying the radio function.

I applied a fix I read in the FAQ manual to change the OBD.ini file to add (UBTT=OFF) but it just turns the battery dot black all the time even if not connected to the car, so I put it back to normal again.
I think its if your laptop has no pin No: 9 on the RS232 or something.

Would I need a null modem cable to act as a cross over between car and PC card?

Is it worth trying another card or a usb connection instead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-Sep-2011, 02:08 PM
E39 523
BMW Driver

Im using a pcmcia card connecting to a 97 E39 - works like a charm. I did have to change the com port to com 1 (i think - was a long time ago). It wouldnt work when using a virtual com port. This is the com port that the pcmcia card is emulating
Old 29-Sep-2011, 03:01 PM
Silver Member

Thanked 2,865 Times in 1,576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxpop View Post
Im using a pcmcia card connecting to a 97 E39 - works like a charm. I did have to change the com port to com 1 (i think - was a long time ago). It wouldnt work when using a virtual com port. This is the com port that the pcmcia card is emulating
I was just making the point that PCMCIA needs to be set up right too. I wouldn't go changing the UBATT setting, there's no need & if you want to set up DIS/GT-1 at a later date it would be much better to have the UBATT change properly.

OP, just check what port your PCMCIA appears in the Device manager as, you can then change the port to match what you see in the obd.ini file.
I had an issue with a PCMCIA card set up for this (for someone else), you might be better using Com 5 rather than Com 1, try that.
dave (29-Sep-2011)

Old 29-Sep-2011, 05:28 PM
E46 320d SE
BMW Driver

Thanks a million for all the help. At least I know it can work with a PCMCIA, I tried a usb and another card but no luck so it must just be a setting.
I'll try the messing with the COM's and see how it go's.

If it doesnt work is there a simplier setup, or cable/software setup I could use? I have an airbag light on from removing the drivers airbag in the door when fixing the window?
Old 29-Sep-2011, 09:18 PM
E46 320d SE
BMW Driver

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
I was just making the point that PCMCIA needs to be set up right too. I wouldn't go changing the UBATT setting, there's no need & if you want to set up DIS/GT-1 at a later date it would be much better to have the UBATT change properly.

OP, just check what port your PCMCIA appears in the Device manager as, you can then change the port to match what you see in the obd.ini file.
I had an issue with a PCMCIA card set up for this (for someone else), you might be better using Com 5 rather than Com 1, try that.
SUCCESS

I switched to COM 5 and for whatever reason it worked a treat, I've even cleared my airbag light.

A big thanks to Rebel.Ranter for the consistent posting and help, a credit to driver.net.
Old 20-Aug-2015, 10:20 AM
BMW Driver

Default Help me

I have and old laptop whit true serial port, and i Install my tiny ads interface and i got this error message, error compiling script file, my battery and iginition dots works fine but, i cant acces my E36, to test my engine, airbag
Old 23-Aug-2015, 10:55 PM
Silver Member

Thanked 2,865 Times in 1,576 Posts

Have you run ADSSETUp.exe, set your interface in ediabas.ini to equal ADS? You need to restart your computer after doing these changes. You need to be in ADS mode to work with an e36.

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW-Driver.net Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in