NI-BMW Big Summer run - Page 2 - BMW-Driver.net Forums
BMW-Driver.net Forums  

Go Back   BMW-Driver.net Forums > General Motoring Discussion > Meets & Events > Ulster
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise Auto Loans

Old 22-Aug-2011, 02:33 PM
Doktor Displacement
Silver Member

Thanked 2,385 Times in 1,377 Posts

I organised a wee run back at the start of spring in Carlingford.

3 cars drove up from Dublin.

It was specificaaly orgainsed in Carlingford to make it easier for the most amount of people to attend.

After that I said I wouldnt waste my time again.

Dont know what the problem is but there definately seems to be 2 types of members on this site. Those who want to actually go out and enjoy thier cars and those who just want to talk crap about cars on the forum (which is fair enough, each to thier own etc.).

Meeting in carparks etc is OK but nothing beats getting out for a good drive. Not talking about terrorising the countryside like but leisurely spin with a nice bit of scenery is always good.

As said if plenty of notice is given then folks can save up thier petrol tokens.

Down the west would be good but it would require an overnight for some probably. But if folks actually want to go, with a bit of notice the money can be put aside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leins View Post
Like the look of that E30 M3
You would have liked the sound of the E60 M5 with the Eisenmann Race system. Would make even your CSL sound like a pussy cat.

Last edited by johnb850; 22-Aug-2011 at 02:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-Aug-2011, 03:15 PM
BMW Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnb850 View Post
I organised a wee run back at the start of spring in Carlingford.

3 cars drove up from Dublin.

It was specificaaly orgainsed in Carlingford to make it easier for the most amount of people to attend.

After that I said I wouldnt waste my time again.

Dont know what the problem is but there definately seems to be 2 types of members on this site. Those who want to actually go out and enjoy thier cars and those who just want to talk crap about cars on the forum (which is fair enough, each to thier own etc.).

Meeting in carparks etc is OK but nothing beats getting out for a good drive. Not talking about terrorising the countryside like but leisurely spin with a nice bit of scenery is always good.

As said if plenty of notice is given then folks can save up thier petrol tokens.

Down the west would be good but it would require an overnight for some probably. But if folks actually want to go, with a bit of notice the money can be put aside.
Ah well I wasn't here in Spring
And I would have gone cause I was living in Dundalk at the time!

Yeah yer right about getting an aul stretch out. We were up the Dublin Mountains and it was some drive back down to Tallaght

Yer also right about the plenty of notice, at least noone can give out and say that they didn't know. I know Alex is trying to get a few of us down for the Ennis event so hopefully we will get a few to that (Name already down )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW-Driver.net Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in