Trip to the ring.... - Page 2 - BMW-Driver.net Forums
BMW-Driver.net Forums  

Go Back   BMW-Driver.net Forums > Technical Discussion > Motorsports & Track
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise Auto Loans

Old 27-Dec-2013, 08:16 PM
BMW Driver

Ah Damien nice to hear from you.. Actually i did not go but thinking of going this year only the lad i was to go with bought an M5 and doubt it will make it to Rosslare..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Thanks From:
Damo (30-Dec-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-Dec-2013, 08:56 PM
Ronin
Platinum Member

Thanked 8,057 Times in 4,179 Posts

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (17.9 KB, 107 views)
Old 28-Dec-2013, 06:52 PM
BMW Driver

Good man Ronan yet another helpful reply from yourself... Getting more like boards.ie everyday this forum...

Old 28-Dec-2013, 07:52 PM
Ronin
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oo7M3 View Post
Good man Ronan yet another helpful reply from yourself... Getting more like boards.ie everyday this forum...
A bit of a joke, it is nearly 3 years old you always get lots of advise on things your going to do .. No?
Old 28-Dec-2013, 10:32 PM
BMW Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
A bit of a joke, it is nearly 3 years old you always get lots of advise on things your going to do .. No?
That not the point of a forum, get advice on things... Thats what i use em for anyway..
Thanks From:
LeoWicklow (29-Dec-2013)
Old 30-Dec-2013, 10:35 AM
BMW Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by oo7M3 View Post
Ah Damien nice to hear from you.. Actually i did not go but thinking of going this year only the lad i was to go with bought an M5 and doubt it will make it to Rosslare..
Rosslare...... your pushing it aint ya?? was thinking Enniscorthy direction lol
Old 31-Dec-2013, 01:35 AM
BMW Driver

Go for it. Either in your own car or a bought one.

Euro roadtrip was the best experience I ever had. Only things I'd add to your calculations are:

Petrol costs are significantly higher, especially along motorways. At least from our experience, but that was 2011.

Tolls. Particularly expensive in France

You could probably get away with the kind of budget you're talking about. But I'd strongly suggest having a pretty decent cash buffer. Few hundred quid as just in
Case money.

We learned that the hard way when one of the lads ran out of money in Austria after having to shell out for 2 new Tyres on his s320 (running crazy camber. Looked cool, blew Tyres like a mad yoke) . Thankfully I had a fairly decent buffer so was able to get us home.

Also the best advice I got before I went: breakfast. Have a serious breakfast every morning. Tensions can get very high with 2 hungry Irish fuckers in a car halfway accross Europe.
Thanks From:
Damo (31-Dec-2013)
Old 31-Dec-2013, 09:13 AM
BMW Driver

all good advice there .... ive planned the trip out in very fine detail so just waiting to see if Tom is gonna make the trip before we start getting things booked

basically this is what we looking at -

Rosslare - Fishgaurd -folkstowe - Calais - nurburgring -Stuttgart ( merc and Porsche factory ) - Munich ( bmw museum and factory ) - Innsbrook - Stelvio pass - Lake Como - Monza - Modena ( Ferrari and Lambo ) - Bolognia - ( Ducati ) - Ferrara ( Pagani ) - Imola - Milan - San Bernardini Pass - Zurich - Le Mans - HOME!!

9 days! Trip of a lifetime

have the costs worked and have everything rounded well up to allow for any variances
Old 31-Dec-2013, 10:13 AM
BMW Driver

Sounds very good.

Ferrari factory is a bit of a pain to get a tour in/of. Lamborghini factory was a lot more accessible albeit a little small. Plenty of 'experience' companies around to rip you off for a short spin around town in something fast, although god help you if you try to drive fast.

If you do stay in bologna. Check out the Amaelia Hotel (spelling) probably one of the nicest places I've ever stayed and it worked out as 30 quid each. Can't beat sipping beers in the hottub on the roof of a hotel at 3am for 30 quid

Just bear the Swiss 'tax' in mind too, although it sounds like you've already done your research so will know about that.

Sounds like you've planned everything out pretty well. And you'd be surprised what you can do with 9 days. Only other suggestion would be to leave a day of 2 open/free at the end if you can. You'll definitely come accross something you want to spend a little more time at. Ours was the Normandy beaches and the American war memorials. Morbid, but glad we made time for it.
Old 31-Dec-2013, 11:22 AM
Ronin
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo View Post
all good advice there .... ive planned the trip out in very fine detail so just waiting to see if Tom is gonna make the trip before we start getting things booked

basically this is what we looking at -

Rosslare - Fishgaurd -folkstowe - Calais - nurburgring -Stuttgart ( merc and Porsche factory ) - Munich ( bmw museum and factory ) - Innsbrook - Stelvio pass - Lake Como - Monza - Modena ( Ferrari and Lambo ) - Bolognia - ( Ducati ) - Ferrara ( Pagani ) - Imola - Milan - San Bernardini Pass - Zurich - Le Mans - HOME!!

9 days! Trip of a lifetime

have the costs worked and have everything rounded well up to allow for any variances
We done the CSL trip this year, left from the
UK- Rotterdam - Munich - Austria - ring - cologne and home and it took us 8 days granted there was no major pressure and there was a bit of hanging around because there was pre organised stuff but 9 days for your trip sounds tight.

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW-Driver.net Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.

Log-in