Em1 track car - Page 2 - BMW-Driver.net Forums
BMW-Driver.net Forums  

Go Back   BMW-Driver.net Forums > Technical Discussion > Motorsports & Track
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise Auto Loans

Old 28-Jan-2014, 09:11 PM
BMW Driver

Got another bit done today.I collected my type r gear linkage last night so got that fitted this evening what a difference it made.Also the secondhand calipers I got I decided to open them up Friday just to check they were ok and low and behold they were shagged.So I ordered brand new ones and got them fitted this evening along with the braided lines.I dident want to take any chances with the brakes.Ive also changed my mind on the pads I'll use so I've ordered a set of ferodo ds2500 instead along with dot 5.1 brake fluid.Also I discovered today that the type r antiroll bars I got ill only have to use the rear one as my front antiroll bar is 26mm instead of the type r size 24mm but my rear one is only 15mm and the type r one is 22mm so a big difference there.There is a track day on the end of February so I'm going to try and have the coilovers on bucket seat and harness done along with a decat and baffled sump and a few more bits done to see if I can take it out.The gearbox and roll cage will have to take a back seat for a bit as I've decided if I'm going to cage it I might as well do it right so I'm thinking of putting in a full multipoint Sparco roll cage.looks like the budget is going to go out the window.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (20.5 KB, 113 views)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Thanks From:
Falcon (28-Jan-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-Feb-2014, 12:36 AM
BMW Driver

Picked up a few more bits over the weekend.Carbon bonnet,second hand omp seat with bolt in rails to go along with the new one I bought a few weeks ago.Also got a 1" brake master cylinder to go along with my bigger front brakes.My front pads also came the weekend.Was also lucky enough to get a second hand harness for the passenger seat this evening for free.The sunroof is coming out tomorrow along with the heater as I've decided to ditch that too.Ill just be cutting a plate to cover the sunroof and ill bond and revit it down and I'm just going to vinyl wrap over it.Im doing the track day the 28 feb so I still have a few bits to do.Still on the list are the ebc rear pads,rear subframe brace,bc coilovers,rear antiroll bar to fit,baffled sump which I should have this week and a full service.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (29.4 KB, 101 views)

Last edited by mike murphy; 04-Feb-2014 at 12:40 AM..
Old 05-Feb-2014, 12:03 AM
BMW Driver

My subframe brace came today so I'll be getting it fitted tommorow along with the type r antiroll bar.Also I've finally ordered the bc coilovers this evening from drift works so I should have them sometime next week.So the jobs for tommorow are fit the 1"master cylinder bleed the brakes all round,do the subframe brace and roll bar,remove the interior heater,and I got a free boot door spoiler from a older type civic so I'm going to try and get that to fit.Also this evening I collected my baffled sump but Ill wait till next week to fit it as I want to take down the exhaust and get the decat done.Cant beat a track day to put the pressure on and at the start of this I said I was in no rush

Old 05-Feb-2014, 11:32 AM
Gold Member

Thanked 2,987 Times in 2,020 Posts

I'd keep the heater if I wear you, at least the de mist anyway, how's the engine internly do ya know, b16's can be a cunt on shell bearings and stems etc, is be using 15/50 or a 60 to
Old 05-Feb-2014, 11:56 PM
BMW Driver

To be honest I haven't a clue what way it is I have very little driving done with it.There is a good pull through vtec.I fitted the baffled sump today and the decat pipe also done a oil and filter change.Engine wise I'd say its good no oil leaks no smoke and the engine is as quiet as a mouse.Im going to leave the engine standard for the moment if it blows up or starts giving any major problems I'll just get a type r engine for it.I am going to let the heater in for the moment.I got a set of brand new buddy club rear camber arms today for free which was a nice result.
Old 10-Feb-2014, 06:03 PM
BMW Driver

Small update.Went to fit my 1" prelude master cylinder the weekend but no joy it won't fit my servo.So I've just got hold of a ek9 1" master cylinder and servo today so that's going on tommorow.While I was at it I got a spare distributer just to keep as a spare.I was lucky enough last week to get a brand new set of buddy club rear camber arms for free from one of my customers so I'll fit them along with my bc coilovers which came today along with my ebc yellow stuff rear pads.I also ordered 2 new federal 595 rs for the front.once my 2 new tyres come during the week that's pretty much all the bits i need for the moment.Ive the baffled sump fitted a service done the decat is done the rear subframe brace and antiroll bar is done and the sunroof delete is done.And just to smarten up the front a bit I've ordered a rep spoon front splitter and a type r front grill as the standard grill is abit s*** looking.Im looking for a mugen style rear spoiler if anyone has one.I haven't fitted the new seat and harness yet but I should have it all done by the end of the week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (19.6 KB, 65 views)
Old 13-Feb-2014, 08:43 PM
BMW Driver

Well today i got the splitter and grille fitted.Also i fitted the rear spoiler which i got a few weeks ago.The 2 front tyres also came today so there on aswell.the bad news bit is while driving the car today just tested everything out i noticed that the clutch is slightly slipping in third gear so that has to be changed aswell.Ive ordered a exedy organic clutch kit which i should have tommorow so that thats a job for next week.this is how it looks at the moment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (31.1 KB, 59 views)
Thanks From:
mossie (13-Feb-2014)
Old 13-Feb-2014, 10:28 PM
BMW Driver

Nice project, I bought a damaged ep3 type r on uk plates for track days, are you going to the otd on March 7th?
Hope to have ep3 ready, standard but ready all going well
Old 13-Feb-2014, 11:24 PM
BMW Driver

I built this for a bit of cheap fun but as with all things car related and me things get out of hand.I might do I'm going the 28th of feb.if the car goes ok Id like to try and make it because a few of my friends should have there cars finished for it.the ep3 should be a great car for it.at the last BMW driver track day I couldent pass a ep3 But still had great fun I was faster on the straight but he had me in the tight corners.
Old 14-Feb-2014, 08:17 PM
BMW Driver

Ya myself and friend had bought 350z and went to last otd with it, never done a thing with it, cheap tyres etc, was wet day so was black flag on 1st lap
After few laps cooked the brake fluid, there was a ep3 there and I got a pax lap with him, impressive car on the track, I hope to get better pads, tyres and brake fluid done for the day, any recommendations or anything else I should be trying to get ?

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW-Driver.net Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.

Log-in