BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

Deans Schwarz II 320d M Sport Touring

196K views 274 replies 47 participants last post by  tonysoprano 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked my new car up last Monday so I said I better get a thread going where I could get some pics up as it progresses. Although I dont have a whole lot of plans for it (at the moment :rolleyes:)

It has the usual M Sport spec and has 76k on the clock. Came with a full service history and the previous owner had the swirl flaps removed.

Interior has -

Black Half Alcantara Seats
Black Roof Lining
Black Carbon Cube Trim

Exterior has -

M Sport Bumpers, Sides etc
Shadowline Window Trim
18" MV2's

Heres a couple of pics I took on my phone the day I went to view it.....

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Bmw

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bmw Luxury vehicle

What I've done since picking it up -

Replaced the rather tired looking MV2's with my own fresher looking mint condition OEM MV2's wrapped in Goodyear Eagle F1's

Replaced the BMW Business CD HU with a Becker Indianapolis Pro unit.

Gave it a good clean although there's a long way to go to get it up to my level of cleanliness :rolleyes: (Seats are gonna have to come out :()

Plans for the Immediate future -

Fork out for VRT. :mad: - Done

Tax & NCT it. - Taxed. NCT Booked

German Style Plates. - Done

Full Detail. - Doneish

Fit Eibach Pro Kit. - Done

Fit Glovebox Torch. :D - Done

Replace Missing Tool Kit - Done

Remove Mud Flaps. - These will be staying for a while. Had a look underneath and they have left the bumper badly marked :(

Replace Orange Bulbs with Silver Bulbs.

Fix Rear Wiper - Done

Clean EGR. - Done

I think that's all for the moment.

Heres some updated pics :)

Some interior pics...

Thanks for looking.

All comments and ideas welcome. (just don't be too harsh :p)

See less See more
#12 ·
I like it alot. I would tint all the rear windows 35% and fit
a set of ccfl's,black grills oh and of course a remap.
It could be a baby version of this
Cheers John ;) And that E39 is stunning :cool:

Those mods are all something I had thought about.

AE's are definitely going to happen at some stage, I just have to look into it a bit more and decide what I'm going to go with.

The other 3 I'm still undecided.

Remapping is is something I know nothing about and I'll have to read up on (or if anyone can advise me) as to the pros and cons.

I'll be getting some black grilles, they're a cheap mod and can be removed in a couple of minutes if I don't like them. Buy I'd say they will look well.

Tints I was never a massive fan of. I had thought about light tints. Really light but I'll decide later on. They wouldn't be high on the list of priorities.

I was looking at these lights....

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bmw Alloy wheel

What does everyone think?

nice one man:cool:
eibach kit will finish her nicely
just check what is a difference between msport springs and eibach ones as there might be just a small one(sport springs are shorter than normal ones) so change might not be so huge
Thanks mate.

I don't want the car really low. If I could get it to sit the same as my coupe did (see sig) I'd be very happy. Not too low, still retained its comfort but at the same time it closed the big gap in the wheel arch nicely.

Another M-Sport touring on the site! My rear wiper is also broken, soon to be fixed but thats probably a new motor needed :( Get some interior pics up if you can, it looks good from the outside
Are we the only two?

Yea, the bloody rear wiper, I have'nt looked at it yet. I didn't even turn it on yet. Its slipping down off the window and marking the paint. Any ideas what the problem could be?

The car is very clean in that its has little in the way of dents, marks, scratches etc. I mentioned already about the condition of the paint, the swirls and holograms are very bad, but nothing a good detail won't sort.

Heres a couple of interior shots I took on my phone this morning.....

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Center console

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Steering wheel

Don't mind the state of it :eek: I need to spend a bit of time getting it cleaned up.

You mean to tell me you havnt got your glovebox torch yet...jeez! Get your priorities right Dean! :D

Liking this car alot, and the plans. Why not drop her to the floor and lash on a sport kit instead of a pro kit? Shorty got loe, low, low, low!:cool:
Thanks Ger ;)

I think I'll have to prise that torch out of Crillys hands by the looks of it :D

As I said above buddy, I don't want the car too low. The 318ci was on a pro kit and it was exactly how I wanted it. But I suppose I'll never know till there fitted.

He will have it on Wednesday! I saw this car the other night its super looking, made me look at tourings in a whole new light although doubt ill ever have the need for one! Ill stick with me two doors! Best of luck with the car Dean.
Cheers Fi.

And you never know, Ted might get a growth spurt and require a big boot for cruising around in :p

If Mika keeps growing the way he is I'll be needing a horse box to tow around behind me. 5kg in 4 weeks! He's 10 weeks old and 10.6kg already :eek:

very nice Dean now get that pro kit fitted:cool:
I'll be picking them up on Wednesday, then I'll need to sweet talk the father in law :D Hopefully I'll have them fitted within a week or so.

Thanks Wayne ;)

#8 ·
You mean to tell me you havnt got your glovebox torch yet...jeez! Get your priorities right Dean! :D
He will have it on Wednesday! I saw this car the other night its super looking, made me look at tourings in a whole new light although doubt ill ever have the need for one! Ill stick with me two doors! Best of luck with the car Dean.

#20 ·
Thanks Dave.

If we could decide on a location for Wednesday night you might get to see it :rolleyes:

:D

Very nice Dean chuffed for ya she looks an absolute minter (of course it is or u wouldn't have bought it haha)

Well wear anyway and best of luck with her, my only suggestion I'm gonna throw in is 19" staggered lm reps...look the dogs on a touring!

Other than that you have the same taste in mods as me I think...I'd go with clear rear lights over smoked though...oemness and all that jazz!
Cheers mate.

OEMness and you want me to go with LM reps? :D

I'll be sticking with the MV2's unless rocko decides to sell me his CH's :p

But I know what you mean, I just don't want the car looking modified. I want to tidy it up and make some subtle changes. Kinda OEM+ :cool:

And your right about those lights, they do look a bit too aftermarket ;)

These ones however are rather tasty.....

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Rim

I'm sure you'll like the wheels too :cool:

#18 ·
Very nice Dean chuffed for ya she looks an absolute minter (of course it is or u wouldn't have bought it haha)

Well wear anyway and best of luck with her, my only suggestion I'm gonna throw in is 19" staggered lm reps...look the dogs on a touring!

Other than that you have the same taste in mods as me I think...I'd go with clear rear lights over smoked though...oemness and all that jazz!

#21 ·
haha well i make exceptions for lm's cause they.re so damn good lookin!!

And also the fact that bbs make some oem bmw wheels makes me feel better haha

but OEM+ is a great motto to have...may have to rob that one

#34 ·
nice wheels dean... great buz starting the year with a new motor! ))
nice looking car good luck with it.
Thanks for the comments lads ;)

So just a quick update.

I took some phone pics today and they show why I was so reluctant to post some up at the start. The ones in the first post really don't show how bad the paintwork is.....

Headlamp Light Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Vehicle door

Vehicle door Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Its being killing me not to go and tackle it myself, but I really want to have it professionally done and know that its as good as it can be.

I have the VRT inspection booked in for Monday afternoon. I'll see how hard that hits me and then I'll look into booking for a full paint correction.

And thanks to Superted and Crilly I'll be collecting my Eibachs tonight. I hope to have them fitted on Saturday all going well :cool:

Thanks for looking ;)

#35 ·
Took it in for the VRT inspection this morning. Turns out I'll have to part with €2118.

A bit more than I had expected but as it turns out it's the CO2 emissions thats screwing me!

The V5 cert says the car is putting out 158 G/KM meaning it's into the higher tax band. That extra 3 G/KM is gonna cost me about €500 :(

So it's looking like I'm gonna have to tackle that detail myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.