BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Just looking for some advise - I need to replace a car and found a 2007 BMW 3 SERIES 320d M Sport for sale at a main dealer, 101,000 miles. Its a BMW dealer and saying it comes with the 2 year BMW warranty (not sure if that's as good as claimed?).

It is the high tax (710) so I know will be difficult to sell on and I will put up a fair few miles, can you advise if you think I would be buying into trouble with that age / mileage? Would the warranty give any peace of mind ?

thanks for any advise ..

·
Registered
8 Posts
How's things - 07 177 bhp M-Sport IDrive full cream leather interior along with heated seats sun roof top of the range spec. New chain has been put in car taxed and Nct'd looks and drives like new. If your interested let me know.
Regards

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
@MurtyC that's basically the same as mine when I bought it private and haven't really had many problems. Don't think timing chain should have to be done on them as far as I'm aware, no matter what the age is like mannyiq's has been, also that doesn't have the mv3 alloys which msport at that age should have... tax is a pain at 710 but from what I've read you shouldn't really have a problem selling on a 2.0 diesel with a good history which that must have if a main dealer is selling it. M47 engine in the 07 model seems to be a lot more favourable to the N47 in 08 and later which have huge timing chain problems. From what I've read the chain comes off the guides and rips the engines apart costing thousands to fix. Check if the breather pipe on the diesel tank has been replaced at some stage as that seems to be a problem on e90s and can cost a lot for labour to be replaced... 2 year warranty sounds good to me though..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts