BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all , just a quick note to let ye know , we are now repairing speedo clocks in the 3 & 5 series whick have a common fault of gauge failure & missing pixels ( digits fading ) , replacment clusters from the dealers can be very expensive & coding to the vehicle is required . repairing these clusters is a far more cost effective alternative to replacement . repairs can be carried out within 24hrs ensuring you minumum inconvience
for more details , please call or email

SAFE MOTORING !!

Turbo Tuning
http://www.kcsystems.ie

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I have a 02 Eclass merc with the pixels breaking down in one on the displays. Can you work on them as well ?:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
merc c /e & clk speedo clocks & keys

yes scotty , this is a common fault in the c / e & clk range where the temp display on the left and the time/auto gear display on the right fade . we repair loads of these , dont need the vehicle as we can do a full test on the bench . again replacement clusters from the dealers are crazy money so a repair is an excellent alternative . we also repair the ignition keys on these models , again they have common faults of locking/unlocking failure

email me for further details

SAFE MOTORING !!

Turbo Tuning

http://www.kcsystems.ie

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hi Turbo Tuning !

Can you guys get KMPH clocks for E36's instrument cluster?

I'm sick of the MPH on the outside at this stage and would love to change it around.

Cheers,

Al.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
E36 kmph speedos

hi AL00 , ok let me see what i can do . i need some info on your vehicle & cluster
1 ) year of car ??
2 ) 316 , 318 , 320 ,325 ???
3 ) petrol or diesel ?
using a torx 20 screwdriver , open two screws that secures your clocks , with i small flat screwdriver tilt your clocks forward , you should see a white label on top of your clocks . i need the HW: & SW : numbers on this label . if you have a digital camera , take a snap shot & email it to me

SAFE MOTORING !

Turbo Tuning

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi there

yes this is possible on some SW versions of speedometers . i have sent you an email of details .
would need vehicle in workshop to check it

donal

·
530D sweeet
203 Posts
Hi Turbo Tuning. i need to get my cluster fixed! ive BMW e39. its 2003
my cluster is missing pixels in many diffrent places,and the screen is very dull....
ive got nct this wednesday, so maybe straight after that,i coulld send it to you or something! thanks

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Donal,
two bloody years later & I have still not got off my *ss and got the pixels sorted with you. :rolleyes: . Out of curiosity....... if we had a number of clocks to be re-pixeled (nice word) could you come to dublin to do it or does it have to be done in your place ? :confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi scotty

all our work is carried out in-house now scotty as we have full bench testing equipment here , the problem with " on site " work is that you allways forget to pack someting essential to the repair . this can cost time & money both to you & us .
just remove & send to us .............will turnaround in 24hrs

donal

·
///Moneypit
875 Posts
What would this cost? I've noticed the mileage and some of the display is only half displayed when the car is started first thing in the morning, it's alright after a while.

·
E63 Bmw 645Ci
4,576 Posts
Hi I was on to you a few months ago about changeing my speedo from Reading mph to km/h I have a new car now and would definately like to do it if possible car is a 2003 E46 BMW 330d , is it possible ????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts