BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
I am having a similar problem that I'm trying to work through. 2010 E91 318d N47. I took the EGR valve out and it was sticking open. I cleaned it to the point it was operating quite smooth, and took it out for a test drive. In 3rd or 4th gear at about 1800rpm with just a slight load I can get it to chug a couple times. Sure would be nice to solve this, as I plan to sell the car in a few months and would like it running tip-top.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Model: 2005, 320d, e90.

I notice lately at around 1500 revs (while driving around 20 mph) in 1st or 2nd gear the car chugs or hesitates (misfires?). No engine management lights come on or anything.

I notice it in particular while in heavy traffic on Corks ring road. If I take the acceleration up in a slow constant fashion, she seems to chug like i am hitting the gas on and off.

Sometimes, when I try to replicate it, it doesn't happen. Also, if I put the shoe down, for example she will fly by the 1500 rev mark and no hesitation.

Just wondering if its a fuel filter, turbo, cat converter, MAF, faulty accelerator problem etc. (or maybe the swirl flaps? heard these give problems)

It could also be happening at approx 1500 revs for higher gears, but I guess, it would feel more subtle.

She's not pushing out black plums of smoke or anything, and she has lots of power, so its probably not the turbo. Note, I have also changed the turbo breather about 10000 mikes ago. I service her with the recommended Castrol oil approx every 8000 miles even though I believe thats too early.

I will try change the fuel filter this weekend. I put some diesel treatment into a full tank to clean the injectors. But that didn't make any different.

any ideas, comments are greatly welcomed.
Will.
Hi I have a 318 diesel does exactly the same cured it by turning off the traction control.
not swirl flaps
not fuel filter
i done these and its still there in mine intermittantly
Turn off traction control stopped mine.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts