BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright lads, I swear I'm not a boy racer, but since getting my 325ci I've just wanted more noise, it was very quiet all the time. And for me, who covers little mileage and most miles are purely for the joy of it, I decided to remove the resonator closest to the backbox.

I really wasn't sure how it would sound at all, but god damn does it sound good.

This vid makes is sound raspier that it really is, it's always hard to get an accurate representation of the noise, but here it is anyway. It puts even more of a smile on my face:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good, will that pass an nct like that?
We'll have to wait until the NCT to find out.

But below 4000 rpm it's really quite quiet. It's only when you give it the beans that it gets loud. I have the resonator in the boot, and it should be handy to pop back in if needs be.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll see if I can pop up an in car video tomorrow. With the windows up it sounds pretty much stock, maybe a bit more noise, but not an awful lot to be honest.

·
E46 323CI
68 Posts
No DIY, will have to weld it back in. But it was no big deal. Wont cost much at all.
Who did the work on the car and how much was it pm me if you like. I have been thinking about doing this myself I wonder would it be too loud with a supersprint back box aswell.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who did the work on the car and how much was it pm me if you like. I have been thinking about doing this myself I wonder would it be too loud with a supersprint back box aswell.
Not too sure if I can post on here who did it, apologies mods if I'm not supposed to. Anyway it was Ballymount Tyre and Service Superstore and it cost 60 quid. Probably the best 60 quid I've spent on the car so far tbh!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dead civic sound :eek:
As I mentioned, the video was using a crappy on board mic. It doesn't sound anywhere near as raspy/tinny as it does in the video. I'd describe it as being maybe 20% louder about 4k revs, not much change in note.

Anyway, I know it's not for everybody!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Decided I'd post up another video giving you guys an idea of what the noise levels are like in car:

There is no droning at all when cruising, it's all pretty much as it was at 120km/h, there's just a bit more noise over 4k rpm.

·
Not that interested..
509 Posts
Alright lads, I swear I'm not a boy racer, but since getting my 325ci I've just wanted more noise, it was very quiet all the time. And for me, who covers little mileage and most miles are purely for the joy of it, I decided to remove the resonator closest to the backbox.

I really wasn't sure how it would sound at all, but god damn does it sound good.

This vid makes is sound raspier that it really is, it's always hard to get an accurate representation of the noise, but here it is anyway. It puts even more of a smile on my face:D

Ive a 325Ci and i love the sound of it, not quiet at all!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts