BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
clear front indicator lenses are cheap and make the car look more modern and current...
Lenses are already clear, have some silver indicator bulbs on the way already though, that'll sort out the orange on the front and side indicators. Forgot to buy some for the rears...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you replaced the indicator to the black style?
You cheated though, I already told ya!

Yuup! The indicator lenses on the front, alongside the headlights have been changed to the black type, and the bulbs have been replaced with the silver type.

I'll tell ya, it really is the little things that make the car! She's going in for a service first thing in the morning too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's the little things?

I ordered these guys off ebay, was really unsure whether they would look good or skangerish. I quite like them if I'm honest! What do you guys think? Might not be for everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have these also and sometimes wonder the same :rolleyes:
I like them though.

Only thing was I thought they looked funny when I had standard yellow lights on the front. So i then replaced front fog & side lights with LED's and installed a HID kit on my dipped beams. Ended up being an expensive exercise for a couple of reg lights :D

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I just got them this weekend too. However they stay on after I turn the car off until it goes into sleep mode. I also have front LEDs but they need a cambus too so not using them. If you come across a WHITE led for the front parking lights that will hit the reflector let me know. The one I got is kinda blue and its a beam so doesn't actually light up the lense

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
clear lenses look much better, any other jobs planned?
Cheers,

Doing the rocker cover gasket on the weekend:eek:

Have a bit of a oil leak from it at the moment, so hoping to get it done as soon as possible. I wonder what she'll look like when I have the valve cover off!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got rust sorted under the arches. It was bubbling through slightly on the drivers side, and the rust was coming up from under the arches on the passenger side. It actually ran all the way back under the rear bumper on the passenger side. There was an attempt at repair with some touch up paint at some stage of its life. Got it all properly sorted during the week. She looks amazing now.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts