BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an e36 Coupe for the girlfriend in the UK yesterday but it has no alarm. I'm wondering if there is a recommemded make of alarm for BMW's. I think I heard Clifford are good but there is a crowd doing Cobra Installations for 283 all in.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Hey Richie,

I had a cobra alarm on my E36 coupe (years ago) and it never gave any trouble, opened and closed the windows and roof, if they were good then...?

On another note, you know BMW make a retrofit electric rear window kit for the E36 coupe? I'd recommend it, comes with everything including the switches etc..

Rich.

richie_rvf

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah sure it's not my car so I'll be keepin modding to a minimum. Already have her sold on Angel eyes and m3 lip and mesh on the front.

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Clifford all the way imo, had one on my Integra and it was great, prox sensors, anti-hijack, battery backup, window closure etc. Pricey though, it set me back about €800 !

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
So does this mean that the two of you will be attending meets etc in seperate cars from now on, or is she getting it to get away from you rapid

·
Administrator - E46 M3
1,834 Posts
Avitel or Clifford. You can get a basic clifford installed for 250 euro, and at a later stage upgrade to the extra plugins.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think there is an immobiliser included. She got a Hell Red,1999 316i Coupe with m-kit and half leather. Beautiful car.Let the modding (of sorts) begin.

·
Registered
317 Posts
quote:Originally posted by richieno9

I'll be keepin modding to a minimum. Already have her sold on Angel eyes and m3 lip and mesh on the front.

You'd want to use quality products when modding Richie. If she's getting the eyes and lips done she could end up looking like that Pete chick/dude on celebrity Big Brother!!!

Just kiddin Richie!

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
Or end up like this [-crzwom]

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Graham....hadn't thought of it like that...I'll leave her as she is so!!:D

Hope she never logs on here as we could be in quite a lot of trouble.

For the record..I'd just like to say she is a wondeful girl and requires no further enhancement...Phew;)

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
just sayin' it like it is - eh??

All this reminds me of how I got married!!

....of course I will deny all this........

Rich.

richie_rvf

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
Yeah I'm getting worried about him don't do it Richie stay single as long as you can trust me I know now

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
although, it does have it's benefits, she tells me ;)

and the visual effect of throwing your wedding ring (carefully so not to loose it) is almost worth it alone.......

richie_rvf

1 - 17 of 17 Posts