BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and when I picked up the car today, there was a period BMW-Blaupunkt sourced for it there too :cool::cool::cool: Star man Andy T! :)

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Its a stunner - congrats on the purchase.

They garner quite a bit of attention alright - remember one of my last drives in my E30 before I left for Oz on my way home from a gig in the o2 - almost felt like a celebrity! :D

The brakes are definitely old school - I have a bbk which sits under the 15's, don't think Conor has fitted it yet - but he might have it lying around if you want a look when you have the car in with him.

·
2003 E39 525i
5,618 Posts
An absolute cracker Jeff! Congrats on the purchase and I hope it serves you well for many, many miles!

Was sitting in Andy's when the text came through that you were getting grub, miles away :), and unfortunately I had to head to work, but I'm sure I'll see it soon!

I'd say the previous owner was gutted to see it go, but happy in the knowledge that you will care for it well and keep its history alive!

Delighted for you! ;)

PS: you should be writing for a BMW mag....that piece was a great read!

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Dave, sorry missed you and Chris there, but once I get Conor to do his magic on it I'll have the car out and about a bit

Funny you should mention it as I cut and pasted my review from a magazine and just changed the place names ;):D

·
2003 E39 525i
5,618 Posts
No hassle Jeff....like two kids after getting coal at Christmas, so we were! Dead exited and then nothing! :p See it soon though!

Give me a shout if you need either of your cars driven down to Blarney! :D
Plenty of E39s will be there! Both of yours NEED to be on show! ;)

8,261 Posts
Drool drool drool drool.....

Wow...looks stunning Jeff glad the car gas been sold to someone who will appreciate it and keep it in the original condition, looking forward to seen it soon.

Hope you got some sleep last night, best of luck with it :)

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Well done again Jeff, I am so jealous :D. The car is absolutely stunning in the Alpina Blue and Gold Deko set. The very best of luck with it.

It is fantastic to see such a rare and iconic car kept in such good condition to date and knowing that the new owner is an absolute car nut and will keep in original and in tip top condition.

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
Its a stunner Jeff now keep it as clean as the day you collected it. Can't wait to see it in the metal:)

Reactions: LEINS

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
That e30 looks amazing. I love the look of the e30 Touring. Well ware.

·
Doktor Displacement
4,738 Posts
What a heap! So glad I was driving in front of it yesterday as the amount of oil/water pissing out the arse of it is criminal.

Near sure the remnants of an inner wing or battery box fell off and hit me on the bumper. :eek:

Aye right. :D :D :D

Loved this car the first time I seen it just under a year ago and love it even more now.

Makes a great noise. Looks amazing. Perfect "stance" - sits on its wheel prefectly. Everything is in proportion. Fanatastic colour combination and a lovely period interior.

Just a great car.

One of the nicest E30's I've seen!!. :cool:

And it has stripes!!! :eek: :eek: :cool::cool:

Any memories of wanting an Audi were long gone on the drive back down today :D
Excommunication was on the cards there boss! :D

·
Registered
807 Posts
Stunning car. A real beauty

Enjoy every second

Reactions: LEINS

·
Flying low ....
2,835 Posts
Hey,

well wear, that purchase, and she's in real mint condition. That's for sure.

But most importantly: the noise, oh the noise. Especially under load yesterday on the M4.

I know, that E30 will yet give you many good runs, it truely is a special automobile.

/M

1 - 20 of 251 Posts