BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just thought I'd put this up here, keep your keys safe.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056600857

Hi Guys,

My house was broken into last night, my keys lifted and the car driven off. They took nothing else.

My car was a Red BMW Coupe 335D, Reg "07 LM XX5" - Its the only red 2 door 335D of that year, 2007. I live in the Dublin area.

If anyone sees a striking Red BMW Coupe (red is a rare colour in these cars) that is a 335 please contact your local garda station. Absolutely devastated :(

Thanks to all for reading. Theres some pictures of what it looks like below. I had different 17" alloys on it.

Sunny

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Keep one set of keys in plain sight. Anyone that goes to the bother of breaking in for you keys won't hesitate to visit you or your kids in bed to get it. Make it hard for them to get in alright and set alarms but don't make it hard for them once there in to get the fuck out quickly and without trauma.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right Moe. But if they are scouting for houses with clearly visible keys then you're surely inviting them to choose,your house over another with the keys not visible?
It's a tricky one.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Oh jesus don't have the keys with a flashing light on them in the kitchen, but make sure there downstairs and not that hard to find.

·
Registered
93 Posts
what is the point of leaving keys where they can be seen u might as well leave them in the car that way u dont have a broken back door. How many times have u heard of someone being attacked in there bed for only there car keys.

·
F10 530d M Sport
1,011 Posts
what is the point of leaving keys where they can be seen u might as well leave them in the car that way u dont have a broken back door. How many times have u heard of someone being attacked in there bed for only there car keys.
It's a car, it's insured and can be replaced. You or your family cannot be.

Just because you never hear of it happening doesn't mean it will not happen. These are the same sort that carry out tiger kidnappings to get bank employees to get them money. If they break into your house knowning someone is asleep upstairs do you really want to test them and see if they come up stairs to your family. Leave the keys down stairs, out of sight but not hard to find imo.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yet another steal to order job IMO. I doubt if it's even on this island still. Will keep an eye re d18...which are the correct wheels?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Keep one set of keys in plain sight. Anyone that goes to the bother of breaking in for you keys won't hesitate to visit you or your kids in bed to get it
They can visit me and my friend....Monsieur le baseball bat :mad:

We have a legal right using reasonable force to defend our homes now!!!

Bottom line in any post incident interview "He threatened to kill me and my family if I didn't give him the keys...... Yes Guard. That was right before he fell down the stairs" :D:D:D

G

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Jesus the he-man stuff always come out on these threads, I have several first hand reports from people who were visited in their beds in the dead of night for car keys. One guy I met at cars and coffee was threatened with a knife for a e46 m3. You cannot repair or replace the psychological damage that would do especially to kids. People also seem to think that somehow when they are sleepy and woken up in the dead of night by two guys with a kettle of boiling water held over their heads that some Jet Lee skills will kick in. More likely your wife will be explaining to the guards how you got the shit kicked out of you with your own baseball bat.

Leaving the keys in plain sight inside the house is nothing like leaving them in the car. There are other ways to protect you car than cuddling your keys at night, that are far more likely to end with you getting you car back within a few hours and not ending up in hospital.

·
In the HAUS
3,523 Posts
Keep one set of keys in plain sight. Anyone that goes to the bother of breaking in for you keys won't hesitate to visit you or your kids in bed to get it. Make it hard for them to get in alright and set alarms but don't make it hard for them once there in to get the fuck out quickly and without trauma.
Totally agree, it's not worth being terrorised over. Cars are replaceable.

·
Strava freak.
3,226 Posts
Well said Moe:)
If an intruder enters your house during the night while you're sleeping, the very least of chemicals that'll be flowing through their veins is adrenaline; they'll be pumped up and fully aware of any danger you might impose. On the other hand you'll be woken from your slumber and will be groggy at best... you wouldn't have a hope.
Let them have the keys. It'll be hard enough to get over the trauma of the experience without adding to it.

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
its two sides of coin ,depends how much car worth for u,and how much it cost in real life. E39 ,mint one,still 4k and up,but how much insurance would pay?and E36 M3 ,they cheap in real life but just VRT over 2k,so it worth to have it :D:cool:

·
Registered
164 Posts
They can visit me and my friend....Monsieur le baseball bat :mad:
G
These fughs if threatened will do anything to save their flee ridden yellow back skin and that includes knifing in the face/neck area to avoid attack. Half them are as high as kites doing a job. You'd want to be fairly certain of a direct hit in self protection. Article in the evening herald last few Days, state burglary is at an all time high.

They can have my keys but I do add these guys detest dogs and when faced with an decent guard dog, even a little yapper of a jack Russell , they tend to go elsewhere.

·
F10 530d M Sport
1,011 Posts
I doubt very much we are dealing with junky joyriders fearful of an angry jack russell. It was stolen by professionals either to be used in criminal activity or to be sold on for parts or as a whole.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts