BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever locked your keys in you car ???? try this !!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got this information from a buddy at a Mercedes dealership havent tried it yet but he swears it works !!!!!!!!!

Locked your keys in your car????
If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone on your cell phone.
Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the other person at your home press the unlock button of your key fob (clicker), holding it near the phone on their end. Your car doors will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you.
Distance is no object you could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other “remote” for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk!).

Editor’s Note * It works fine! We tried it out, and it unlocked our car over a mobile phone!

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
mmm, would like to try this out, I imagine you could try to do it without locking the keys in the car, just get out of range and try it.

Did you see the episode of Top Gear where Clarkson moved out of range but the key would work when he held it to his head??

Rich.

richie_rvf

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah used that loads of times but the phone one is new to me would be handy if somebody wanted something out of your car but did not want to give them the keys

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
maybe it's a joke that some other manufacturer came up with to try to make us Beemer drivers look stupid, holding keys to you phone, asking "did it work?", I think we should try it (for the laugh) on Saturday, just keep an eye over your shoulder for some guy with a camera ;)

Rich.

richie_rvf

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Yes it does work... my bro calls me when he is at the gate of my apartment and i buzz him in using my gate beeper. Also I took his keys once and went into my offices into a room in the warehouse and unlocked his 330ci from there using the mobile. Definately works, worked for me then anyway.

Rogue OCTANE SSK + WSR, Rogue Tranny Mounts, CCFL Angel Eyes, Custom Aluminium Pedals, Stoptech Stage 1 Upgrade, Active Autowerke CAI

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
That's it, going to have to try this out!!

I can understand the gate working, I think they are all ultra-sound, but, I thought the car remote was radio waves??

Rich.

richie_rvf

1 - 12 of 12 Posts