BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
BMW new guy
1,185 Posts
Just a little....

Train everyday.... Twice a day most days.

80 miles a week... Two gym sessions, three workouts, one long run and the rest are easy miles.

Ran a sub 4 mile(1 of 5 father/son combos in the world to EVER do that), national 1500m indoor champion last year and won a team gold at the euro cross in 2012.

Targeting the European track and field Championships in August

Oh and if you haven't guessed it's full time :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats some going john sub 4 is some going what kinda time u.getting for the long distance

·
2007 LCI E60 535d MSport
4,722 Posts
Just a little....

Train everyday.... Twice a day most days.

80 miles a week... Two gym sessions, three workouts, one long run and the rest are easy miles.

Ran a sub 4 mile(1 of 5 father/son combos in the world to EVER do that), national 1500m indoor champion last year and won a team gold at the euro cross in 2012.

Targeting the European track and field Championships in August

Oh and if you haven't guessed it's full time :)
So your answer to the Op's question is yeah I suppose.

:D :D

·
BMW new guy
1,185 Posts
Thats some going john sub 4 is some going what kinda time u.getting for the long distance
I've ran 14.05 on a track two years ago. Should be able to go 13:50...

I've done a few 5ks in Dublin on the roads and ran 14:30/14:40

10k wise I've only done two last year on the roads..... 30:26

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
John i do lots of 5 and 10ks ud walk any of them with them times and make a handy few pound doing so

·
BMW new guy
1,185 Posts
Oh I know... I won the samsung night run in the city last year. Was second in the FitMag one in the park. Won the New Year's Day 5k in the park three years in a row.

Few quid but it ain't much. I could go around the country every week and make money but training is more important.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Got into biking last year and done 2 adventure races great banter. Try to bike to work 2 days a week 40k round trip and then usually a sat or Sunday it's either the 2 gaps or else a 30k bike with a 5-6k hill run thrown in the middle.
Not a fan of running left knee is bolloxed and my right ankle is also plus i'm a lazy fucker! Have signed up for a couple of races this year with the aim of completing Gael force west, crawling if needs be!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gael force is a good race but ill never do it again its to packed hours waiting to reg hours wait to place the bike harlequinn is a good race and moxie and i do the sea to summit wvery year whats the problem with ur knees

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've heard that about Gael force. Moxie is local to me done it last year along with Killarney. The knee is a wreck cruciate is gone cartilage damaged and also a cyst on it. Getting a job done in it next month

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts