BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a many year hiatus from my favourite car brand, time with cars I will try avoid mentioning, I'm finally looking to get back into the game. Never week passes I don't miss my old E36 Coupe. However, I've my eyes on something else now.

I've been looking at 2008 E93's and apart from the silly lack of boot space with the roof down, they look tasty.

I've been eyeing up this one as I need to do a trade in of my current flame:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/bmw/3-series/used-2008-bmw-3-series-320i-m-spo-dublin-fpa-3779835717011055289

What's the engine in a 2008 E93 like - are they a dangerous model to buy ?

Any other thoughts / concerns about it?

Better to go non-cab and get more for the same money ?

Super bloody excited !

AL00

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, my signature has outted me - been to long off this site.......

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No takers yet, but I've been researching and am quite nervous about this N43 engine and what I'm seeing.

I'm sold on the shape of the Msport E93, and would even take a 320d.

Lots of discussions about Coils and Injectors online about the petrol engine and I'm not sure what exactly that all could mean in reality. Anyone have any experience with them ?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
nervous about this N43 engine

would even take a 320d.
Out of the frying pan, into the fire by going with 320d, given timing chain issues, etc. there?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My e93 went through 7 injectors and 8 coil packs in 1 year

Plus timing chain and valve stem oil seals

Moved it on even though it was covered by BMW warranty

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My e93 went through 7 injectors and 8 coil packs in 1 year

Plus timing chain and valve stem oil seals

Moved it on even though it was covered by BMW warranty

Was that back at the start of all this ?

What is the ballpark cost of an injector job / coil pack job.

I'm struggling as I really like the style of the E90, and not a fan of the E46 at all but there are certainly risks involved.

Are there any extended BMW warranty options on a 2007 available at this stage ?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Out of the frying pan, into the fire by going with 320d, given timing chain issues, etc. there?
Right - none of this bodes well for sub 2litre 320's in petrol or diesel.

Really love the shape of that car - torn but don't want to spend large amounts of cash and have inconvienience for the next year or 2.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
As a potential alternative, if you don't really need 4 seats and if your mileage isn't huge I can tell you that the e85 Z4 we have is a hoot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Was that back at the start of all this ?

What is the ballpark cost of an injector job / coil pack job.

I'm struggling as I really like the style of the E90, and not a fan of the E46 at all but there are certainly risks involved.

Are there any extended BMW warranty options on a 2007 available at this stage ?
It was all covered under BMW warranty.

Symptoms were the car had no power - i scanned the car every week with the Carly app until they were all gone.

Oh and the vanos failed 2 days after the timing chain was done.

You can buy BMW extended warranty (it's an insurance policy) which I've put on my x5 now. Just had to replace a headlight which would have been 1600 for the headlight and 5 hours labour.. only paid 335 excess.

Basically if you can get one in a BMW dealership it will come with 2 years full warranty

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I took the plunge - had the car checked out before I bought it - everything seemed OK except for the NOX Sensor.

It's really smooth in fairness to it and I've been out in it quite a bit over the past few days.

In terms of the BMW extended warranty, it's a March 2007 - is it possible that I can still get one of those of some sort now ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts