BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up until now I've been a wash n wax guy, so kinda new to a lot of the products being talked about here. If I had €100 or so to put together a home detailing "starter kit" of sorts, what would people recommend?

Thanks

·
I know nothing about BMW
3,038 Posts
Up until now I've been a wash n wax guy, so kinda new to a lot of the products being talked about here. If I had €100 or so to put together a home detailing "starter kit" of sorts, what would people recommend?

Thanks
I would say without naming brands

Two buckets with grit guards
Shampoo
Claybar
Good wax/sealant
Wheel cleaner
Microfiber towel to dry with
Selection of wash mits
Pads if you have a polisher

You can pick these up here: http://www.detailingshed.com/

·
I know nothing about BMW
3,038 Posts
My understanding is similar effects but a sealant would be applied say after a polish to maintain it where as wax will prevent against the elements ie rain sits on the wax not the car. Upper end halfords stuff is okay but you get what you pay for, have a look at the link for different brands

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
If its just to get started you can purchase a lot of the Meguiars range in Halfords and when they have the 3 for 2 its worth while and if you have an AxA card you get 10% off the purchase price as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great stuff. I was I halfords the other day. I guess the 3/2 sale happens more in season. Will keep my eyes open for it

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
As mentioned above get a clay bar kit and alot of online tutorials on YouTube or Meguiars own channel to see how to use it and then polish and wax to give you a good result, its a learning curve but one you will see the results from, another great site is www.detailingworld.co.uk some serious advice etc on it but some of it can be very OTT

·
I know nothing about BMW
3,038 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That vid with the clay bar really shows what it can do.

So - If I'm right - this is the process?

1) 2 bucket wash
2) De-tar
3) Clay bar
4) Dry
5) Polish / wax

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, more like this

1) 2 bucket wash
2) De-tar