BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been playing through the single player and it is very good. they have really upped the ante on the difficulty level. Even playing at normal level I am getting badly owned all the time. Normally I cruise through with ease. The AI is very good and the one shot one kill mechanism really makes you think before you go all "Rambo"!! :D:D

I would have to recommend it to all gamers on here. I have yet to try the multiplayer but if it is anything like the single player it should be an entertaining challenge.

Cheers

Goodbob

·
///Moneypit
875 Posts
I've about 2 hours clocked up on multiplayer, only on level 3 - an awful lot harder to rank up than Black Ops.

Fuckin brilliant mp game :cool:

·
///Moneypit
875 Posts
It's a lot like Operation Flashpoint, you've to take distance into consideration but rewarding when you take someone down!

·
E63 Bmw 645Ci
4,576 Posts
so what do ye think of it ?? have played the multiplayer for a few days now and , find it excellent , bit of a problem sometimes changeing maps it freezes ,but overall excellent , man i was out of practice i got slaughtered the first few games :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Love it!

Im finding it a lot more immersive than blackops and the likes, even the previous battlefield. Gotta love those maps too. I've yet to use most of the vehicles this far, but even still, i think its great. :)

·
E63 Bmw 645Ci
4,576 Posts
my favourite vehicle is the russian AA tank (9K22 TUNGUSKA-M ) , im racking up loads of kills with it :D
cant get the hang of the jets at all they move too fast to kill any ground targets so only really good for air to air ,
i find myself spending most of the game as the Engineer unit , the sniper is bloody useless its impossible to get a kill with him

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Mostly medic for me so far but i like engineer aswell. The jets are deadly! I shot down another jet in my first try at flying one, haha. Im up to 3 kills with it now but its useless against ground targets. Id imagine you need to rank up before you'll get rockets or some sort of bombs, kinda like it was in bad company 2.

·
E63 Bmw 645Ci
4,576 Posts
must be i have a few kills in it now still havent anything good though , just flares,
i am finding the medic good now that i have unlocked the grenade launcher for him :D
but for close quarters you cant beat the assault trop with the M249 Machine gun 100 rounds of rapid fire fun :eek::D

What rank you up to ??

I'm only a Corporal 3 star. Don't know how some lads are up to colonel rank already I mean the game is only out a few days???

·
Registered
562 Posts
Iv been playing it online now for about an hour and i fecking hate it already. Its impossible!!!! Now id class myself as pretty good at cod but this is just impossible. Maybe im going about the wrong way i dont know.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Iv been playing it online now for about an hour and i fecking hate it already. Its impossible!!!! Now id class myself as pretty good at cod but this is just impossible. Maybe im going about the wrong way i dont know.
lol, take everything you learned from cod and forget it all before ya take up battlefield.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You simply cannot play it as a run and gun online. You will get shredded. The best bet for this is to buddy up and go as a team if possible. Other than that just move very carefully and pick your kills.

I love that as a difference from COD. I love the run and gun in COD as well but they are very definitely 2 completely different online experiences.

BF3 is about halfway between the hyper realism of Operation Flashpoint and COD.

You need to be patient. The other feature in BF3 is that ranking up really does make a difference unlike COD, so if you come late to the online party you are really up against it.

I noticed this last time out as well.

Cheers

Goodbob

·
E63 Bmw 645Ci
4,576 Posts
Im playing online(multiplayer) not campaign
Like said you can't go in all guns blazing you have to use realistic approach , flank your enemy ,use the right weapon for the situation ie don't use a sniper for CQB

Duck behind cover pop up shoot and move to a different location etc

We should create a team Of people from here ????

If you search for a platoon called Fianóglach it's one I just made up we could group together ???

1 - 20 of 26 Posts