BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Decided to sell the car - just not using it for what it costs. Planning a family now so going to use the money to finish the house, etc.

The car needs new front brake discs but I will do that before a sale goes through.

Here's the link: http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4378749

KJ

·
Registered
164 Posts
11750 euro.....? With respect you are dreaming. 645 an immense car as an ex owner but you have priced her as a keeper. Sorry to be so direct, you'll be annoyed with this post but at the advertised price, it's not going to happen.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You broke my heart when I read that at 4:30 this morning... couldn't get back to sleep then!

I appreciate your honesty but I dont see the evidence to back up that argument. I have it priced lower than any other 645 on DoneDeal and better specced, as far as I can see.

What are you basing it on?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sorry kj for upsetting you but there's no point in having a price that it will never shift.

My biggest regret is I sold my 645i.... They are an immense car.

Besta luck with sale.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No worries mate, you're right, its better that I am aware. I'm thinking hard whether I'm bothered selling now. I got an offer of 5k last night! :-(

I'll see if any more come in while I decide. It's mad though isn't it, a BMW 645 selling for 8k or less with less than 50k on the clock and it was over €115k new. Stupid motor tax ruining it all!!

·
Ronin
8,708 Posts
No worries mate, you're right, its better that I am aware. I'm thinking hard whether I'm bothered selling now. I got an offer of 5k last night! :-(

I'll see if any more come in while I decide. It's mad though isn't it, a BMW 645 selling for 8k or less with less than 50k on the clock and it was over €115k new. Stupid motor tax ruining it all!!

Maybe motor tax or maybe not desirable when it's up there with M costs. Those America style GT cruisers would have a ltd market here IMO
Good luck anyway looks like a really nice 6

·
Registered
233 Posts
I took a look, thought it was priced slightly high aswell, but better start off to high than low if not desperate to sell, I reckon a decent starting off high price of 10,950 might have been better. The one linked to has been for sale forever, there have been a lot more 6 series, asking a lot more and shifting quicker, so I dont know whats up with that one. Also I noticed around a year ago, privately there seemed to be quite a few more up and asking less than they are now. Maybe sellers were in financial trouble, and that isnt the case with most who have survived until now. A 645 is on my possible as a next car, on a 04, I personally wouldnt pay more than 8,500 I reckon. But that is the dilemma you are up against OP, can you find a middle ground price wise with a potential buyer, because if I had one of these cars, Id keep it before giving it away for peanuts, unless I ABSOLUTELY had to sell... That offer of 5k is a joke, I wouldnt even insult someone with offer like that for that car...

I appreciate your honesty but I dont see the evidence to back up that argument. I have it priced lower than any other 645 on DoneDeal and better specced, as far as I can see.
backing up my claim per as above, this is absolutely correct now, however there has either been a big change in the market (doubtful) or there is just a lul in the amount of 6 series on it at the moment...

the other issue is, my bro over the past 2 years sold, 2 318ci's if I told people here what he achieved for them, they wouldnt believe me, so chancing your arm or being ambitious, is more likely to yield results with the likes of 318's, which have a much bigger and to a large extent more ignorant market. Unfortunatley for the likes of the M's, 6 series, 7 series, nobody is buying 7,8,9 year old big engined beasts, without being seriously informed as to running costs, tax, fuel etc...

Also you need interior pics, I presume it doesnt have sun roof as you dont mention it, but does it have sport seats etc? Beshoff car sales, had an 04 for sale before christmas, with about 90k odd miles asking E9995, it was 04, black, D reg...

·
Registered
185 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts