BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

Looking for an e36 m3 3.0L rear axle complete or any bits of it excluding the diff, shocks and springs a apart from those listed everything else is wanted!!!

As well as m3 3.0l prop shaft full or atleast the rear half.

Any kind of help in hunting the bits down will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Is a complete EVO any good?
Should do... much as I am aware the m3 3.0l output shafts should fit into the evo trailing arms as they are the same size I think correct me if Im wrong...I want to keep the medium case 3.0l diff I have as I just got it rebuilt with a 3.91 ratio gears put in it but then I still need a m3 3.0l Subframe... anyway pm sent ;)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Why not sell the 3.91 and build a 3.91 Evo LSD. Unless it's for drifting, it'll be better in the long run to have the Evo rear end and they are normally easier to find too.

I have a complete 3L rear end or will sell without diff but a friend has first refusal on it so will let you know if he isn't taking it.

Also, if using the Evo arms, use the shafts too. Just need 3L M3 output flanges on the diff and the matching subframe for the diff.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave it's a bit too late to turn back now and to start from scratch again as the budget is running low and I want to buy a patch fiesta for this coming season as well... Plus I'd love to have the m3 diff in for the octane track day in Feb as well.

So long story short at the moment I have:
m3 3.0l diff,
The two side shafts,
Also reasantly pick up m3 3.0l subframe complete with all the arms and brakes got the m3 brakes for the front as well.

So all I am left to find is the m3 3.0 prop shaft!!! Anyway???

Also if I can't find the prop I'm just thinking of getting 12mm washer sort of spacers made up and longer bolts that hold the diff and just space the diff back the 12mm as my current prop shaft is to long ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts