BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive a bmw e36 and started doing the usual little bits leather seats bew steering wheel etc and im looking for some mods to do to it for power asthetics basically anything, anyone who knows me and my car will say respray due to laquer peeling but thats a matter of saving so it will be done eventually! Thanks!

·
2007 LCI E60 535d MSport
4,722 Posts
Ive a bmw e36 and started doing the usual little bits leather seats bew steering wheel etc and im looking for some mods to do to it for power asthetics basically anything, anyone who knows me and my car will say respray due to laquer peeling but thats a matter of saving so it will be done eventually! Thanks!
What E36 have you got?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of the things id be interested in doing is the occupancy sensor for the driver, my old seats didnt have this dont know wether it just wasnt connected but up until i took the bulb out of the clocks it lit up when the car started and my new drivers seat has a 2 wires (blue and brown) just hanging down so im wondering if this is for the occupancy sensor the seats came out of a 98 e36 and arent electric

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry mixing up words the seat belt light! Ive been reading a few forums and getting confused :S

·
#1 Fair City Fan
2,477 Posts
As far as tuning goes, I've never had an IS but I'm sure there will be a few of the lads along soon to give a few tips

I believe a flywheel from an earlier engine(m20?) is supposed to be a must have

·
I know nothing about BMW
3,038 Posts
As far as tuning goes, I've never had an IS but I'm sure there will be a few of the lads along soon to give a few tips

I believe a flywheel from an earlier engine(m20?) is supposed to be a must have
Yeah lighten it, chip and advance the cams...will need another starter also.

msport/alpina etc bumpers and moldings
Coilovers
Camber arms
Adjustable top mounts
poly bush
LSD
welded diff
Shortshift kit
Alloys
OBC retrofit
Change headliner
Rear elec window kit
BBTB
e46 compaq rack
headlights - depo or angel eyes etc

and on and on and on..

I think the trick maybe to pick a direction. euro, rat, american...head for it and ad mods to add to it as you go...some of the parts is greater than the whole etc

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Good man Dave.. The fun of this is do your own shit, whatever makes you happy, far to many people copy off one another, it gets boring. The fun starts when you introduce coilovers and sort a diff, after that is personal stuff

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Could i take the e46 elec window bits and fit them? Have the alpina wheels think theyre reps! How much and hard is it to get the alpina kits? Was missing 2 centres for the wheels and found it near impossible and expensive to get the other two

·
I know nothing about BMW
3,038 Posts
Could i take the e46 elec window bits and fit them? Have the alpina wheels think theyre reps! How much and hard is it to get the alpina kits? Was missing 2 centres for the wheels and found it near impossible and expensive to get the other two

If you wish to check will something fit your car the best option is to find the part number and do a search in RealOem of the part number, if it's plug and play you will see the model of your car in the results.

If not it may still "fit" with some modding.
Parts are simple enough to come by new or used. There are breakers (ahem) and parts people littered through the site and we are all very helpful and can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wouldnt call it a beast more of a kitten hahaha but sure will take some after i get home, aka get a car wash! Ive been looking through some american forum and im sick of googling every second word to see what it means so could you tell me what the air filter baffle does and is there any point in taking it out?

·
I know nothing about BMW
3,038 Posts
Wouldnt call it a beast more of a kitten hahaha but sure will take some after i get home, aka get a car wash! Ive been looking through some american forum and im sick of googling every second word to see what it means so could you tell me what the air filter baffle does and is there any point in taking it out?

If you take it out from my understanding it will derestrict the airflow through the box meaning greater air in the air/fuel mix which COULd result in increased HP

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tried putting pics up its impossible from my phone haha after i wash it and get on the laptop i will though :) ive been reading american forums about the air intake baffle? Is there any point in taking this out or what cant understand them at all!!

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry for roughly the same comment twice (blame the phone) these pics are old have the new steering wheel and leather seats now and the wheel centres going to try another pic!

Attachments

·
(formerly Orientblaue36)
1,711 Posts
There's a shitload of mods you can do to an e36..

Most of the styling ones have been done to death like M Tech (my own):rolleyes:

I suggest you look around and find what YOU think is cool and go with that.

Having had a 318is for 7 years, I know that the engine when running well, makes around 140 bhp.. to make it do 200 would cost a lot more than a 325/328 IMO.
Handling mods, i.e. springs/coilovers/bushes/ARB's etc,
(I'm sure most iS owners will agree) are the most rewarding, I'd start there..?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts