BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well lads just wondering if anyone on here has purchased a cable and inpa software? I understand theres a lot of problems and endless hours of getting the ebay ones to work but i found this cable-shack.co.uk which seems to get great reviews from the english forums! But i bought a laptop specificaly for doing this! And im thinking of going with the second k-line option on the order page! I understand there is already a thread on this but thought id start a new one as the other one was very old and a lot of old links in it!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do! I tried a lot of forums/threads looking for upto date advice on this! Best i got was michael320d buying a laptop with it pre-installed which i was thinking of doing but i was after a specific laptop which they had no more of! So went down this route!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got my cable today from cable-shack.co.ukand 100% worked!!! Delighted with it cant speak highly enough of it!!!

Good news! Would you mind detailing exactly what set-up you're using? Are you using it through the usb port? And what car is it?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm in the same boat as you though, you look at threads and they're all quite old, I didn't have the guts to go out and try something though so far play!

·
Registered
907 Posts
its all depends what car you using it. if you got it for e46/e39 up, you will have no bother, just falow instructions, if you got it for e36 you will have some issues. also inpa from that sellers comes with feew missing programfiles that cant be found that easy.
generally that inpa will work but feew small tings is not gonna wrk or it will trow an error program stopped or something like that.
i went trough a lot of bother to get all that setup working, even made my own calble and got an older laptop with rs232 iput.
what im sayin is it will work but if you will start digging in deaper than just errors on memory, than you will run in dificulties

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Harky Well basically ive an e36 and e46 my daily which i needed this for was my e46 as airbag light kept coming and going and was getting sick of going to people to get it wiped (also want to dabble at coding but have to do some study!) anyway ive a 2003 e46 320D! Working perfectly on this its a usb cable supplied by cable-shack.co.uk! You can buy from ebay or from that url and the seller is very helpful! Its a usb cable and im using a lenovo t60 windows 7 ultimate 32bit but according to seller works on all windows from xp onwards! As for my e36 im continplating buying an adapter although all sellers seem to state will only work from 1997 onwards! So im a bit iffy! Although for the cost of the adapters alone i may try it!

·
Registered
907 Posts
For e36 those cheaper plugs is not gonna work.
Look on ebay for tiny ads.
There is a man in usa who makes them. You can buy full cable or just chipboard. And make cable your self. Also for e 36 you will need an old laptop with r232 input and ideely windows xp. Also you would need to change over in bin folder from std format to ads. And to add feew more files in program files for this inpa setup to work on a bit older e36

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have a link to this guy? Im going to start a full restore on my e36 at some stage and would love to have this! Its mainly just cosmetics that need doing but drove it for the first time in a good while the other day and my abs light was on! Also airbag light had to hooked up to oil lamp to get through the nct!

·
Registered
907 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts