BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at doing this...engine from 1998 535i v8 m62b35 auto into an e36 and convert to manual anyone have any advice or info and what gearbox to use??

Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm asking I said I'm looking into doing this and looking for info??? Can u read? Really??

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,707 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gearbox is the easiest part afaik. You can use one from any M50 with an adapter plate like this -

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/BMW-V8-M60-M62-S62-ENGINE-ADAPTER-PLATE-TO-BMW-M50-M57-GEARBOX-TUNING-DRIFT-/172172885026?nav=SEARCH

Having a custom sump and oil pump is a more significant pain - no other option if you want to be able to shut the bonnet. I did quite a bit of investigation into it and decided it was way too much hassle.
I will take a look at that thank you for your help and advice

I'm not sure if I will go ahead with doing it as sump has to be changed and pump so will take some time but will be worth it at the end!!

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
You'll find lots of threads on forums from people who've started this swap, but very few where it's been completed. Only real ones I've seen complete are the drift lads who are happy to have the engine sitting high with the bonnet not able to shut.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ye I need more info on this before I start it...I sent you a pm thank you for your interest and help

·
made in Latvia
987 Posts
It's total nightmare
If you can't do all job your self even don't start
Sump modifications,exhaust header,wiring job
There no correct info in internet just some bits and pieces you can find
And if you looking for help in Internet than I 100% sure you can't finish project like this

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's total nightmare
If you can't do all job your self even don't start
Sump modifications,exhaust header,wiring job
There no correct info in internet just some bits and pieces you can find
And if you looking for help in Internet than I 100% sure you can't finish project like this

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
U let me worry about that if it was Easy I wouldn't bother so thanks for no info or help!!!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
U let me worry about that if it was Easy I wouldn't bother so thanks for no info or help!!!

but u trying to go easiest way i see .

use GOOGLE as people say , and take any opinnion as info !

u think it will worth it ? i think it worst ever conversion .so whos wrong now ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is your problem?? U clearly wouldn't have the balls to take on something like this and never will

I'm just asking on what gearbox to use and u have it sorted now so if you have nothing good to say or no advice please don't comment thank you

·
I know nothing about BMW
3,038 Posts
Fuck me this place gets worse by the day. If it's an engine swap you're after give Tomas a bell.

Perfect Car
Unit 2,Coes Road,Dundalk
phone nr 0876900965

The lads above all know of him and he's top notch

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh stop I only asked for advice or info to see if anybody else did the swap as iv done a few other swaps before but the hate and the amount of fools who think they know it all is unreal I shouldn't have even put this up at all

Just wanted to know to use the m50 box or a e39 530d box with adapter but just get smart fools on here

Thank you for your help il give them a call

I have e36 I have the m62b35 all ready just need to go with a box and then sump/oil ect.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Oh stop I only asked for advice or info to see if anybody else did the swap as iv done a few other swaps before but the hate and the amount of fools who think they know it all is unreal I shouldn't have even put this up at all

Just wanted to know to use the m50 box or a e39 530d box with adapter but just get smart fools on here

Thank you for your help il give them a call

I have e36 I have the m62b35 all ready just need to go with a box and then sump/oil ect.

next time u will get more info in your first post . i think there is only 2 cars with v8 ,both drift cars .u dont even mention what u gonna do with it ,race or road . one of the was bought not build ,other guy had no time for details online . so who can tell u which box is better ? and last u didnt showed any of you knowledge or info u already have .

its like to ask whats ford fiesta gear ratios on bmw forum

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Didn't think people were that stupid that I had to put every detail forget it how do I delete this post??

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
and yes, i would never waste my time on useless 3.5 v8 and my knowledge finished on wheel change .but i do read lot ,before ask something

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How can anybody get anything on this with a pack of dick heads commenting

1 - 20 of 25 Posts