BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need new brake discs and pads, front and rear for my E90 320D M Sport! Anyone have any idea what it'd cost at an Indy garage? I've had a look online at price for parts; comes to around ?365 (incl. brake pad sensors). What should I expect to pay for labour or just the whole lot done with an Indy?

·
I know nothing about BMW
3,038 Posts
Might be able to sort you out with some front bits. A family member is upgrading his front set up so might have the standard stuff available if you're interested? As for labour it's generally 30 an hour but any mechanic worth his salt should be able to do this in his sleep so I wouldnt think that cost would be huge. Oh and dont forget to factor in the cost of fluid also be worth having it changed as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for that! I'd prefer to buy all new parts because I'll be putting front and rear in! Thanks anyway! Would it be roughly an hours labour for front and rear discs and pads?

·
I know nothing about BMW
3,038 Posts
Couldn't say with out doing the job. Mechanic could run into trouble with those poxy little bolts that hold the discs in place. They tend to round off. It would be a case of up in the air, wheels off, release the caliper bracets, pull the calipers and pads off the discs, out with old pads, take off the discs, on with the new ones, pads on, then calipers on and bleed the brakes. So depending on no issues an hour or two. Price it before you get it done. Maybe ask if there's somewhere in your local area a member on here can recommend for you. You never know maybe someone on here wants a nixer

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright cheers! Any chance you'd know which diameter discs I need! I have an E90 320D M Sport. Option on mister-auto.ie are:

Front: 300mm or 330mm
Rear: 300mm or 336mm

And where is the best place to buy these parts? (Cheapest) online or motorfactors?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I need new brake discs and pads, front and rear for my E90 320D M Sport! Anyone have any idea what it'd cost at an Indy garage? I've had a look online at price for parts; comes to around ?365 (incl. brake pad sensors). What should I expect to pay for labour or just the whole lot done with an Indy?
Hi there, just wonder if you got the work done and around how much it all cost? Trying to figure out if I'll be able to afford to live for the rest of the month. I'm in the same boat now with same car. Discs rusted to hell and the inside of the drum is totally corroded away so I've virtually no hand brake.
Cheers

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't do it yet as I had the car parked up for a while. Getting it done in the next two weeks so I'll let you know! I'll more than likely order the parts online and get someone to fit them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got the parts for around ?300 (all textar parts) haven't fitted them yet but I have someone who will fit them for ?50 so it's not too bad!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts