BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 775 Posts
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Might as well start a thread, picked this up last Monday in Galway. Its a 98 e36 318is with 122k on the clock with few months nct but needs tax. The only issues I found was the rear boot-lid is a bit rusty and the rear box on the exhaust needs replacing. Usual wear and tear on the inside like steering wheel, gear know, gaiter, handbrake and gaiter and seats but nice little project.

UPDATES:

UPDATE 1
UPDATE 2
UPDATE 3
UPDATE 4
UPDATE 5
UPDATE 6
UPDATE 7
UPDATE 8
UPDATE 9
UPDATE 10
UPDATE 11
UPDATE 12
UPDATE 13
UPDATE 14
UPDATE 15
UPDATE 16
UPDATE 17
UPDATE 18
UPDATE 19
UPDATE 20
UPDATE 21
UPDATE 22
UPDATE 23
UPDATE 24
UPDATE 25
UPDATE 26
UPDATE 27
UPDATE28

Plan on making it low and get the stance right. Have style 19's for it already that are off getting polished and centres refurbed as are the bolts (hopefully)

Coilovers and ambers lights next, going to tidy up the interior within reason, would love a leather seats but concentrating on exterior for the time being. The drivers door card is loose but this is a common e36 issue.

Needs a full detail but time is against me to have it ready for the Dublin show in 3 weeks.

So let the work commence :D:D

Hows she is sitting now :)

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Nice one Chris it looks well, you have been talking about an e36 for a while now. I still think they are one of the best driver’s cars ever made by Bmw.

Good luck with the project let me know if you need anything as I have loads of bits in the unit from my e36 some may fit

Now your only problem is getting someone good to detail it:p

I must drop the m5 over soon once I get it back from the painters.

8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks lads ;)

Ha ha hugable ambers :D:D are still work in progress

Was onto Hugh/Matt yesterday and he said he was going to give you a call about your wheels ;)

Hopefully back this weekend coming :cool:

Really dunno what to do coilovers im hearing mixed reports on all brands, budget is tight on this to be honest and wont be doing any sort of fast driving so not putting 1000euro coilovers in it :rolleyes:

8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks great chris. Very hard to get a clean E36 now adays!
Plans for it sound great too.

What you doing with the E39?
Thanks Keith, e39 has tax until end of the month then its going ;)

get any new cheap ones,and U will be sorted for daily driving ;) keep updating all your work,and good luck on the move ;)
Thanks Valdas, and no doubt i will pick up some parts from you at some stage :D

get fk coils, theyre cheap and cheerfull but are still comfy for everyday use. i got a secondhand set off ghostek on here and theyre perfect for the price.
should look well with the bbs, what way are you getting them refurbed?
Thanks ;)

Dave (Curran) knows the fella who does the polishing for wheel wizards so they are off with him down in Kerry, centers are back in Dublin this week and being powdercoated by Wheel Wizards and bolts are being paint same as centers, so be another week they should be good to put the tyres on and get cracking :D:D

1 - 20 of 775 Posts