BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Clocked car !!

Mate of mine sold his old Volvo s60td last week to 3 Romanians with 178,000 miles...now on done deal for sale with 110,870miles !!! Said the usual crap..oh look at you..nice house, I pray for your children etc etc, me poor your rich blah blah.. Then the tramps go ahead and take 68,000 miles off it !!!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/5028985

·
F10 530d M Sport
1,011 Posts
Have you see the car with altered mileage or asked the seller as 110k miles converted is 178k km? Is it possible that someone thought that the clock read 178k km and converted it back to 110k miles for the advert?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you see the car with altered mileage or asked the seller as 110k miles converted is 178k km? Is it possible that someone thought that the clock read 178k km and converted it back to 110k miles for the advert?
No chance ..he knows that was in miles ..
178,000 miles equals 286463km !!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
No chance ..he knows that was in miles ..
178,000 miles equals 286463km !!!
But 178,000 KM is 110604.072 Miles. So if the person 'mistook' the miles for KM's you could see where they got the figure.

I'm not saying I wouldn't stay well away from it. Just saying that bazz had a point.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But 178,000 KM is 110604.072 Miles. So if the person 'mistook' the miles for KM's you could see where they got the figure.

I'm not saying I wouldn't stay well away from it. Just saying that bazz had a point.
But it's not 178,000 km...it's 178,000 miles that were on the car as per my last post ..you can't make a mistake with that.

They clocked the car..100% no brainer

·
Registered
203 Posts

I think they do this to use the whole confusion between kms and miles to their advantage. They can say that the original odo reading was kms and not miles so they convince the buyer that any mention of miles in the service history was a mistake and it all tallys up if you just use kms.

·
F10 530d M Sport
1,011 Posts
I just find it odd that 178,000 km is 110,000 miles which are the figured being mentioned.

So OP did you ring the seller to verify if the 110,000 on the advert was miles or km?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I think they do this to use the whole confusion between kms and miles to their advantage. They can say that the original odo reading was kms and not miles so they convince the buyer that any mention of miles in the service history was a mistake and it all tallys up if you just use kms.
nail on the head here i think - seen it before

·
Registered
704 Posts
I am serious

It's an 11 year old cheap diesel car that people should be buying on condition

I don't agree with clocking cars whatsoever but at a certain age people should buy on condition
Ok you are right about the age of a car, its just my head is wreaked this last two weeks, im looking for a 04/05 Toyota D4D Avensis and the amount of question marks hanging over the cars im looking at is unreal..the amount of lies as reasons for selling,, bad back, new job, girlfriend hates it, high tax, father not well.. all that's ok but when i spend money doing a check on the car there all coming back clocked, written off, 10 thousand miles in 5 years, 3owners in 7 months.. One guy told me i can do any check i want and when i did the car had 10 thousand more miles on it 5 years before what he said it had now..went to Dublin yesterday with the money and the state of the car when we got there and he was a dealer.. car still in same spot this weeks, wouldnt start, looked like it was a taxi.. anyway im giving up on Ireland and the hunt is on in England.. It wasnt this hard find my M3.:D:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts