BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
cleaned out
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as title says i bought a m sport steering wheel and going at getting the cruise control working on my e46 has anyone tackled this before

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
If you PM me an email addy I have pdf's of the pre and post 06/2000 installation instructions from BMW for the e46.

·
cleaned out
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i done this today but it aint working i dont think my car has the software so putting it on the computer tommorow to find out

·
In the HAUS
3,523 Posts
Cambo yours is M43 yeah? You'll need a cruise control module and cable to do a retrofit. The older cars with cable throttle have to have a module to pull the throttle cable for you.

·
In the HAUS
3,523 Posts
have a look here,

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=AL32&mospid=47631&btnr=66_0043&hg=66&fg=20

i though it was only the actuator and the dme did the rest, but there is an actual module apart form the dme, plus switches on brake and clutch pedal.

really have no idea what u`d need, i`ve no idea if the module was ever fitted to the non-cruise cars.
but one things for sure, you`d get the bits from a breaker for near nothing.....

·
In the HAUS
3,523 Posts
There ya go .... cant miss an offer like that, i`d say the module is in the DME box and easily found in a scrappy. I`d put money on the fact that the loom is ready for it.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I have this same problem now! I have the mfsw and obc stalk and I have a car at a breakers I can take what I need out of

What do I need and where do I find it? Is this job going to prohibitevly expensive labour wise?

Also will a programme get the radio controls and obc working without cruise control?

Thanks

·
cleaned out
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
can some one please tell me and quick wat exactly do i need to get my audio controls working on my mfsw,,,,

really annoying me that i cant figure this out

·
cleaned out
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got it now mate i hadnt the red and white wire cripped right need to find the cruise control module that john has now for little money :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts