BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
E39 530D Sport
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys

Im looking at buying this de-cat from Ecotune in February so i thought I would see if anyone was interested in a group buy

There are many models available so you can check the website for your model of send me a PM and i will get onto them and check prices/discounts etc.

http://www.ecotune-scotland.co.uk/product/BMW_E39_525d_530d_Decat_Downpipe

E39 530d
as standard they are £255 sterling but if we buy 5 or more we can get a 15% discount so around £220 +/- each
Also they are £12 each postage which may also be reduced if posting in bulk.

5 members =£220 delivered to Ireland

10 members =£210 delivered to Ireland

Also : If we send back our genuine UNMOLESTED BMW Cats, ecotune will pay £80 back to each member. We cover the cost of shipping of old cat to the UK.

So assuming you send back the old cat and we get 5 members we are looking at €200 approx.

E46 3 series

The 320d/cd decat will be £129.95.. that’s £30 off our retail price but they can only offer a £45 trade in on the old downpipe as it is worth a fair bit less

The 330d/cd retail is £152.50.. They can supply this for £125 with again an £80 trade in on the old part.

I will be ordering this February so if your interested in the group buy stick your name down ;)

Decats for other models available also of course.

INFO

This is a direct replacement for the standard primary dual catalytic convertor and down pipe that are fitted to the car from the factory. This downpipe will not interfere with any sensors or cause any ECU faults. If you are unsure or require assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us, we will be delighted to assist.

Built for performance, economy and longevity!

Performance - You will enjoy reduced turbo lag and a noticable performance difference throughout the entire rev range, the original downpipe exits the turbo with an immediate restriction as there are two compressed pipes fastened to this section. The extreme bends on the original downpipe are replaced with a straight 2.5" bore pipe which is extended allowing optimal flow from the turbo and a huge reduction in exhaust gas temperatures. As a result your turbo charger will run substantially cooler reducing your air intake temperatures, extending turbo life and the reduction in back pressure allows your turbo to spool up quicker with less effort.

Economy - You will experience a 2-4mpg improvement over the original restrictive catalytic convertor depending on your driving style due to the reduction in turbo and intake temperatures.

Longevity - Your upgraded dowpipe is over-engineered in 316 Marine Grade Stainless Steel and the flexible coupling in 304 Grade Stainless Steel, flanges are lazer cut for a perfect fit, your new downpipe should outlast the life of your vehicle. You should also expect your turbocharger to have a longer life as temperatures are greatly reduced.

How does it fit - This downpipe was carefully developed using the Genuine BMW factory item as a template and tested on the vehicle, improvements were made to flow where possible. Every downpipe is hand made using a jig ensuring a perfect fit every time.

Noise - There is no noticeable difference to the sound of the exhaust forby a near inaudible yet pleasing whistle which comes with the improved flow.

MOT - Removal of the primary catalytic convertors on the 530D has no effect on the MOT test. Your engine will produce lower particulate emissions due to a more complete combustion cycle. Petrol cars differ as they are subject to a full emissions test.

Quality - Our exhaust components are built with over 20 years experience in all kinds of fabrication and welding you can be assured that the quality of your new performance downpipe will be second to none!

Guarantee - A lifetime guarentee is offered on the pipework and as the uprated stainless steel coupling is a flexible part, we offer a two year warranty on the flexi section.

·
E39 530D Sport
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
1. DavidK E39 525d
2. reckless E39 530d
3. Valdelisbmw E39 530d
4. Hooch E46 320cd
5. Scottfree E46 330cd
6. niall320d E60 525d (with DPF) ???
7. frank mc E46 320d
8. The Doc e60 530d (No DPF)

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
My brother has a de-cat for his car comming and it needs to be mapped next week.. You prob wont need it doing but to get the best from it your better off.. If you can get them on your car by next week ye can join in on our mapping/rr day.. roughly 250 for a map + rr or 350 for a tune on the road and a map

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqXBB_ld8QE

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
My brother has a de-cat for his car comming and it needs to be mapped next week.. You prob wont need it doing but to get the best from it your better off.. If you can get them on your car by next week ye can join in on our mapping/rr day.. roughly 250 for a map + rr or 350 for a tune on the road and a map

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqXBB_ld8QE
Who's doing the mapping Jason?

·
E39 530D Sport
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sent a mail to ecotune about a remap being needed with the de-cat and this was the reply

The downpipe was developed in our workshop to compliment our chip tuning as we could not achieve our tuned target of 245hp without reducing the exhaust gas temps. The software is not required though and the downpipe works perfectly well on the standard car. The feedback we have had from customers is that the car is less laggy, less smokey and slightly better on fuel... we have not had any negative comments regarding the performance of the pipe whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I sent a mail to ecotune about a remap being needed with the de-cat and this was the reply

The downpipe was developed in our workshop to compliment our chip tuning as we could not achieve our tuned target of 245hp without reducing the exhaust gas temps. The software is not required though and the downpipe works perfectly well on the standard car. The feedback we have had from customers is that the car is less laggy, less smokey and slightly better on fuel... we have not had any negative comments regarding the performance of the pipe whatsoever.
That's excellent news, I had enquired before and the general consensus from a few tuners was that if fitting the decat, map the car but it may just be generic decats that applies to.

·
E39 530D Sport
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I also asked if it will increase the HP of mine with it already being remapped or would I need it remapped with the cat fitted to get maximum benefit so ill see what his reply is

·
E39 530D Sport
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Ok just to confirm.

5 members =£220 delivered to Ireland

10 members =£210 delivered to Ireland

Stan also informed me of this :).

If we send back our genuine UNMOLESTED BMW Cats, ecotune will pay £80 back to each member. We cover the cost of shipping of old cat to the UK.

So assuming you send back the old cat and we get 5 members we are looking at 200 approx.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
That's great value Darren. It may also be worth checking out what the cats are worth from the likes of Malloy metals in bunclody.
Our original cats would be very heavy so i doubt that we would have much change from the £80 after shipping.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts