BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Fitted mine last night. Not amazed with the fit to be honest. It looks like they made the whole thing slightly too short. The rear pipes are an interference fit, luckily the fasteners supplied are of decent quality, cheap ones would have just stripped.
Seems to be a tiny bit more noise from the tailpipes, but nothing you'd notice in car. Low down the response doesn't seem much better, if any. Higher up in the rev range there's a huge difference though. Pulls much harder. Bear in mind I've previously mapped my car specifically for more top end power, this seemed to be restricted by the standard downpipe/cats and has now been freed up.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Fitted mine last night. Not amazed with the fit to be honest. It looks like they made the whole thing slightly too short. The rear pipes are an interference fit, luckily the fasteners supplied are of decent quality, cheap ones would have just stripped.
Seems to be a tiny bit more noise from the tailpipes, but nothing you'd notice in car. Low down the response doesn't seem much better, if any. Higher up in the rev range there's a huge difference though. Pulls much harder. Bear in mind I've previously mapped my car specifically for more top end power, this seemed to be restricted by the standard downpipe/cats and has now been freed up.
I agree my decat was about 20mm shorter than the original. I've noticed very little improvement. The car sounds a bit deeper and I've experienced no power improvement to my knowledge. However once the car is mapped to suit I will know.

I hope to get it done soon. She was 252bhp with the cat in. Ill update what cat out does

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Mine was fitted today and mine has the same issue with length, its also sitting a bit back.

I've spoken to Stan about it and he says that the replacement piece is based on a new unit, the old ones may have stretched. Its important to him that we are happy with the product so is going to come on here and address any issues we may have.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I would say these have stretched as well when bolted on, I would be concerned about the effect of this on the flexi. For the price of the item I really expected better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have often found that once you fit a decat to a car it feels a little down on power... but the transient response of the turbo is what you are really after.... dont expect these things to give you an instant power increase out of the box...get the car remapped and have the turbo come in a bit more aggressive

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I'm not concerned about the power right now, I can add more boost if I want. What I was concerned about, and still am is the fitment of the decat. Looking at it again last week, it has pulled the rest of the exhaust system forwards, and is probably putting strain on the turbo as well.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I'm not concerned about the power right now, I can add more boost if I want. What I was concerned about, and still am is the fitment of the decat. Looking at it again last week, it has pulled the rest of the exhaust system forwards, and is probably putting strain on the turbo as well.
You could send Stan an email with photos if you like, he seemed committed to standing over his product.

141 - 149 of 149 Posts