BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Quattro Representative
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im after a decent garages that can do a few bits and pieces and wont shaft me!
Im getting a wobble at 80+ mph (tut tut I know), the ball joints have been changed but I know I have split arb bushes so Im going to order a complete front and rear set of powerflex replacements and I also need to get my prop donut replaced as thats split aswell. Hopefully these should sort the wobble/vibration. If not its time for 4wa and other things! ps any other suggestions what may be causing it (its ok in a straight or going left just when going right!)

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
I'd recommend Al in AC Car Sales - he's done a few of the lads cars on the site, and looks after Richies as well. He's very reasonably priced, and the tea and biccies are good. He's based off the South Circular road.

Robert Furley in Kells is also supposed to be excellent - I haven't personally used him, but I know a few others who have and they've been more than happy (from what I know anyway!!)

·
Quattro Representative
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats Al's number? have to wait for pay day before I do anything but just checking

·
Registered
252 Posts
dave quinn in clondalkin mike close enough to your place of work good inde knows his stuff 0872457892

///MACKEROO1

·
Registered
317 Posts
Robert is in Killskyre - just a few miles outside Kells.
His number is 04692 43711.
I found him very good when I went up to him last year. Very thorough and decent.

I can also attest to how good Al is as mentioed above.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Thanks Graham,

I switched from Duffy's to McKeons for my servicing as I live in the middle, Duffy's were quoting me twice as much for the same routine jobs!

Rich.

richie_rvf

·
Registered
317 Posts
Wow! I've heard the stories alright! My own bus had broken the FBMWSH when I got it so I went straight to the Indies and don't think I'll be looking back!
I've had a few quotes from the main stealers which have scared me off too.
I guess it depends on the given situation (M3's and new Bimmers which will be sold on early in life certainly benefit from BMWSH I'm sure).

Strange to think that there should be such a difference between 2 main dealers though.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Very strange, I spoke with BMW Ireland about it, not because I'm a total pr1ck but because there was such a difference, almost all routine work has a fixed price by BMW so it doesn't matter how long it takes the dealers to do the work.

I needed an oil service and the airbag light had to be re-set because I didn't disconnect the battery when fitting the new seats (too keen).

JD's wanted approx. 550 to 600 plus VAT and I got the work done at McKeons for 275 all in????

JD's said they would have to put the car through a complete system check to reset the airbag light, McKeons said that because the cause is know that the could reset it and then check for faults, none showed so problem solved.

McKeons also asked me (when I collected the car) if I noticed anything with the steering? I said no but they said that some of the bushings on the front looked dodgey, they sent off a 'good will' letter to BMW who came back saying 'yes' (this being my 4th BMW I think helped), they upgraded the entire front suspension system to the newer type, reset every fault that ever appeared on the 'brain' and gave me an additional 3 months on the warranty ( I had about 1 month left).

The car will be due another service in 3 to 4k - guess where I'm going??

Rich.

richie_rvf

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Yeah, highly reccommend them, that's their 645 cabrio beside my 635 in my album - nice of them to give me a go ;)

richie_rvf

1 - 13 of 13 Posts