BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a Dension 500 MOST + BTA 1500 bluetooth in the post and I'm looking for guidance to fit it and get it operational in my 2008 E60 (without CD changer).

The actual fitting in the glovebox looks pretty straight forward as is the wiring of the kit.

I will need help to hook it up to the car wiring system please and then the correct coding procedure as well (i have recently got INPA DIS and NCS Expert)..

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
The fitting is straight forward if your car has cd changer prep, if not you have to pull the head unit out and connect it to that I believe.
I coded mine with Autologic also, not risking making a 1.5 tonne paper weight with NCS ;)
If you do try it however, make sure your battery can handle it, wouldn't try it without an external power supply just to be safe.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Dension Gateway 500 - Install & Coding

Yep, I had to fit mine by removing the radio as mine didn't have the CD changer prep. The hardest thing about physically fitting it was realsing there was a retaining screw for the centre vent behind the hazard light switch!

Here's a thread with some of my experiencevon the whole thing:

http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26828

http://www.bmwcoding.com/showthread...ble-MP3-read-playback-(-amp-enable-CD-changer)

Here's a physical install guide:

http://www.dension.com/sites/default/files/gateway500mostdualfotinstallguide1.pdf

NCS Expert Changes:

Step 1: Modifying the FA
You need to make the following additions to your FA (build spec of your car) in NCS expert, you add these to the CAS & LMA.

$672
+KMP3

These two additional items in the FA of your car basically tell your car that it has a CD changer & it has the ability to play MP3.

Step 2: Modifying the code in MASK unit
Here's the parameters in the MASK unit that you need to change with NCS expert:
MP3
activ (will this prevent my MP3 play capability from working or is it just going too prevent me playing MP3 CDs in the in-

MP3_CCC
full

MP3CDC
aktiv

MP3_CHAMP
aktiv

CDMM_CHANGER_3
mp3_cdc

CDC
aktiv

I did not include a guide here on how to modify the FA or how to use NCS Expert. These changes will only take a few seconds to do so you'll get away without the charger. Much like the enabling of Acoustic acknowledgement on lock/unlock.

Did you get the Bluetooth Module as well Ken?

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
You can code the car without the units installed.

In fact there is a,little switch on the AUX port that you can turn the ascension off so,the dealer diagnostics kit doesn't get confused. Having said that I never switch mine off & the kit works OK.

Looking forward to seeing the Bluetooth streaming of music from your iPhone. There's also a video module that allows you to display your iPhone screen on the iDrive. SD Dracula has that, search for his thread on it in the In Car Electronics section. It needs to bephysically connected & you have to control the iPhone from the iPhone (i.e. not iDrive).

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
I just removed +KMP3 & $672 from FA. I tried again to read the MASK module but I'm getting the same error:mad:
Did you re-add back in $694. Only thing I was thinking was to put it back exactly like it was. Also, do a screen shot of all the ECU available for selection in NCS, I'm just curious if CIC or CCC are available in the drop down.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm wondering at this point if I should download the v46 Daten files?? I don't think there are any updates for E60 but if there was a software glitch in the v45 that I currently have it just might work

1 - 20 of 75 Posts