BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Having newer Daten files can't do any harm as long as there is no problems with the files & they are updated in the correct way. There are three folders that need to be adjusted & the "laden" file needs to be run.
I would definitely save a copy of the old folders with a .OLD after the name so you can easily switch back.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Grasping at straws here but two things I would try:

- read the 43DMO unit and post the trace file up.
Or
- change the interface to CAN off (& then the it with KCAN) using the Utility

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I had 2 suggestions:

1) Disconnect the battery for 30 mins to power down all modules - this didnt make any difference.

2) Disconnect the Dension and put back the optic fibre cables as they were just in case that there was an error in the MOST circuit. - I still get the same error.

Anybody have another suggestion???

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
My suggestion is to try an autologic machine and if that still gives an error then it's not something you're doing but its on the dension/car side. Shouldn't take more than 5 mins to complete and just make sure your dension/BTA are connected correctly

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
My suggestion is to try an autologic machine and if that still gives an error then it's not something you're doing but its on the dension/car side. Shouldn't take more than 5 mins to complete and just make sure your dension/BTA are connected correctly
This will be my last resort... I contacted Mark Murphy Motors and he is away on hols at the mo.. He will code it for me with autologic if I need it....

Im like a dog with a bone with this though.. I would like to solve it if I can... I will try read another E60 to see if it is my set up is at fault...... If it works then I have a problem with The MASK / MOST loop....

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Make sure the fiber loop is terminated, for me the end connector was above the glovebox, it was like a plug thing, but I had CDC prep, not sure if it's the same with no CDC prep.

It looked like #9 below (diagnosis port) but #7 is the one that makes the loop.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Just pay the damn 40 quid and get it done properly lol :p
Plus you can code more things at the same time with the autologic, alarm chirp, no bulb errors, digital speedo I think...
Ha...... I already have the chirp and Speedo done thanks to the Rebel.Ranter (Top Man)... I would just like to try and crack this if I can....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Make sure the fiber loop is terminated, for me the end connector was above the glovebox, it was like a plug thing, but I had CDC prep, not sure if it's the same with no CDC prep.

It looked like #9 below (diagnosis port) but #7 is the one that makes the loop.

What I did was open the loop like #4 and seperated the optic fibre cable. I then connected the Dension in between them and completed the loop. there is no shown error if I read MASK with INPA so im thinking it should be ok...

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
I'm back next Thursday, not sure I can solve it but I'll certainly try!

Another one for you...did you flick the switch on the AUX port (the one Dension say you should switch when you send the car to the dealer?) this is meant to prevent the Dension "interfering" with the dealer diagnostics kit.

Also, I think Brian Powell up Forge Hill has Autlogic too, if you're stuck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Yep... I wasn't sure which way that switch should be so I've tried it both ways - same result though... Looks like I will have to bother you again bud if you don't mind..;)
Going for autologic at this point is almost like quitting..... If that's the only option then so be it but at least i will have tried all options first..

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Hey Guys, is Progman an option for me here??????
I have never done it but you could do a CD Changer retrofit but you'd need a physical CD changer. However I think this only fixes half the problem, you still have the MP3 piece to sort out, I think that can also be done in Progman, not 100%. I would not plug any E6x (e.g. E60) in to Progman without a Power Supply attached, it takes ages to load info from the car & battery would drain very quickly.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts