BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently did a Dension install on my E60 and couldnt find any guides for one without CD changer. I have it attached as PDF as its easier to format and people can just download it to their phones while working on install. Anyway hopefully this will help a few people.

Its kind of a joke that Dension dont have instructions on their site for this considering the price of their products.

Anyway enjoy and good luck with the install.

I had to reduce the size of the pdf because of upload limit here. If anyone wants a higher quality version just send me a PM

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
Nice guide but you do not need to remove the glovebox nor do you need to remove the radio, unless you want to route the ipod cable on the dash.
Fibre optic and power is in the glovebox area even if you have no cd changer from factory.
All e60 are pre wired for cd changer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice guide but you do not need to remove the glovebox nor do you need to remove the radio, unless you want to route the ipod cable on the dash.
Fibre optic and power is in the glovebox area even if you have no cd changer from factory.
All e60 are pre wired for cd changer.
Thanks, but how do you know all E60's are prewired for CD changer? Mine wasn't.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thanks, but how do you know all E60's are prewired for CD changer? Mine wasn't.
They all are, including yours.
You even took picture of the power plug and the fibre optic connection is on the other black loom. Again you have pictures of it on your guide. You needed to remove the insulation around it. It is in the middle of the other black loom. You can feel the plastic cover that joins the 2 ends of the fibre plugs.
A pain to remove though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
omg are you kidding me? i couldn't find it anywhere just the power. So if i strip back that cable for the CDC power is strapped on there somewhere? i looked and looked and couldnt find it and went and did some googling and people were saying that some E60's are CDC preped and some aren't. Plus the wiring diagram suggested that some E60's come without CDC changer.

Ugh wish i posted before, but guess ill chalk it down to learning experience. Im gona have to check that out when i go home tho.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got the Dension install in my E61.
I wasn't to happy with the location of the unit..left in the back of the glove box... Cd changer removed...
After reading the instrunctio i decided to re install the CDC, and relocated the unit..
Dension unit it now in the back of original radio/cd and the connector port in to the "armrest box"..
CDC it working on "bypass mode"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts