BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, the TV function in my car isn't working, prob due to the fact that it still has the old type tuner. What options do I have to get the TV back up and running? Also my Bluetooth module has stopped working so an all inclusive solution would be great!
Christy.

·
LARGE Member
461 Posts
Realistically you are looking at a OEM replacement for the Bluetooth if you want to keep the tidy integrated look. I have a digital tuner on my E46 which works through the AV port on the unit so effectively you select the AV channel and then use a separate remote control to change tv channels. The unit is great because not only does it get you digital tv but also digital radio and can play files from a usb hard drive via a usb input cable that could be placed in the glove box.

Mine was supplied and fitted by MDS who are based in Ballyfermot. Give Brendan a call and speak to him about it. He can be hard to get on the phone so leave a message if you dont get him first time. His number is 0872384394.

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
Dan how much did this cost, pm if you want as I know you probably got it at mates rates or something like that:)

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
You can get a Digital TV tuner from €60-400. To get it to hook in to the iDrive system you need some sort of interface deviance like the Dension Gateway and AVR or Dension icon. There are other manufacturer devices too that can hook in to the CID too.
For the Bluetooth a replacement module seems to go anywhere from €150-400 on EBay. The Dension Gateway 500S BT is also a solution, it replicates the OEM Bluetooth but you cannot use the Dension AVR with it. There is an additional Bluetooth add on for the regular Dension Gateway 500 so this BT device along with 500/AVR would be an all in one fix.

You could intercept the video feed from the original OEM TV module to the CCC & put the new digital feed in here. Keeping the old module in place it would allow you to select the video option. The sound is the e6x is handled over MOST fibre optic system so I'm not sure how you would break in to that without a Dension or similar device. Maybe there is some sort or hack solution you could do via the OEM TV module? You would still have/need a separate remote to do all the tuning and channel changes, etc.

·
LARGE Member
461 Posts
Sorry guys, totally forgot to get back to you all on this. It cost somewhere in the region of €350 but as Topas guessed it was mates rates. Great system though. If you'd like to see it in action PM me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts