BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey lads, Just got an error message on the idrive this morning. It says "dipped right beam failure".

Does this just mean that the bulb is gone? Also do dipped lights and full lights operate from the same bulb?

My car is E60 LCI halogen so I think its the H7 bulb but I stand to be corrected on this.

Thanks for your help lads

Micheál

·
The rasp is addictive!!
2,713 Posts
Hey lads, Just got an error message on the idrive this morning. It says "dipped right beam failure".

Does this just mean that the bulb is gone? Also do dipped lights and full lights operate from the same bulb?

My car is E60 LCI halogen so I think its the H7 bulb but I stand to be corrected on this.

Thanks for your help lads

Micheál
H7 2 separate bulbs, and you need a new one;)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
The Xenon's need the light removed from the car but its not hard anyway. if it says theres a failure then it'll most likely be a bulb alright. :)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Its dead simple, you just remove the plastic cap behind the headlight.
Now if your angel eye bulb goes, you are screwed unless you got baby hands.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its dead simple, you just remove the plastic cap behind the headlight.
Now if your angel eye bulb goes, you are screwed unless you got baby hands.
Sweet thanks for that man. I think ill go for the Philips H7 xtreme power bulbs.
Lets hope the Angel Eyes dont go anytime soon so :)

·
Cruise Control Always On
627 Posts
1 min job if its halogen lamps.
Loads of room and screws right out.
Hmm, you must have different spacing behind the lights to the LCI E60, I've changed a few bulbs and nearly took fingers off in the process (trying to unscrew the cap behind the light lense) as there is damn all room to manoeuvre. Next time I'd take the headlight unit out to get at it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update- Well I finally got round to doing this tonight. Have to say pretty easy job. Just undo the simple clip on the housing, wiggle it sideways and the bulbs just comes out with one turn. Not a whole pile of room but it is very doable once you dont have a pair of shovel hands on you :p

Installed these bulbs...

have to say I am very impressed with them.:) Will try and get a few pics up. They have a xenon look to them with a very bright white light and blue tint on them.

They are a great alternative to hids if you are just running standard halogen lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bearing in mind I just changed the dim light bulbs. Looking at it tonight id say they other bulbs would be a different ball game to change.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heres a few quick pics I just took with the Iphone.

Photos dont really do the bulbs justice but you get some idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I’ve got 1 series 2012, I’ve replaced bulbs and put on LED H7, the bulbs are working fine but I’ve got error message on screen saying “ dipped beam left and right failure “
Does anyone know how to fix it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts