BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
14801 - 14820 of 14820 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
But I wonder is it insured properly as an R32 or insured as a 1.4?
He's taking the piss a bit too TBH, Might as well have an E46 M3 down as a 316 SE.
Who knows what he insured it as. Ive thought about it too and what I came to was if you are going to do it, since its as illegal to claim an M3 as a 2.5litre as it would be to claim it as a 1.9, so you might was well go all the way.

Since there is no system to test this and if insured correctly its not like you are more or less likely to be caught.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Not a BMW but i never realised these were so cheap.

A nice bit of car for the money and still up the years a bit.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4135973
Because of the tax as usual I presume Darran, plus they really like a drink. My bro is on his second one (an ST3, 100k miles in < 4years, only regular servicing and a new Xenon bulb required!), and they're quick enough and make a lovely noise, but most will probably prefer a 2.0L Megane RS/Golf GTi/Astra OPC at this stage for the savings I'd say

Plus I could never get used to the seating position in them, far too high up

·
E39 530D Sport
4,835 Posts
Ye I agree with the driving position, you feel like your driving a van.

I nearly bought a 06 wx orange one back in 07 but someone beat me to it. :( id still like an orange one though. It's actually on donedeal at the moment.

Think they are a bit basis and plastic on the inside for my liking though

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Ye I agree with the driving position, you feel like your driving a van.

I nearly bought a 06 wx orange one back in 07 but someone beat me to it. :( id still like an orange one though. It's actually on donedeal at the moment.

Think they are a bit basis and plastic on the inside for my liking though
But the main thing is that they sound like a Quattro! :cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Anything different about them other than a few Williams badges and stripes in the seats?
IIRC they were a limited run done by Sytner (UK BMW dealers) rather than an "official" special. Differences were all trim and there was a fairly decent price premium over a regular Sport back in the day.

14801 - 14820 of 14820 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.