BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Inspect-Correct-Perfect
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I had a long talk today with Darryl Cassingham of Dr Leather in the UK about getting some of his product over to my workshop and also yapping about the general direction of automotive leather, cleaners and the best care of them.

This is a very advanced leather cleaner and is better than pretty much all the others I have tried. There are a few reasons of this..

1. First, its mild enough to use a very effective maintenance cleaner. Spray and wipe, then wipe with a fresh cloth. Job done!

2. If you saw my recent thread on the M3 seats, you can see that it is highly effective against heavy dirt. I recommend a natural bristle brush to help with it, but again, it is spray, agitate, wipe & wipe with a fresh cloth. Easy!

3. It is great on all coated automotive leather. However, there is a new type of top-coated leather coming out soon with much different technology in its composition. Traditional cleaners may be unsafe on the new finish, but Dr Leather has already been tested and approved.

4. It is available in 0.5L, 1L and 5L. The 0.5L will last you a long time, but if you have two or more cars with leather, a Litre will be great value.

5. It has a very strong leather smell and freshens the interior nicely when the leather is cleaned.

6. They don't do conditioners. But that's okay. I'm from the same school of thought in that conditioners do diddly-squat by way of benefit for leather. It mostly does not get through the top-coat, in fact the oils in the conditioners can weaken the binders and cross-linkers in the topcoat causing premature wear, cracking and deterioration.

Here's the good bit. The RRP for the 0.5L is almost €30. The UK sellers have it at about €24 (click here to see).

I can offer the first batch at €21 plus P&P for the 0.5L bottle.
The 1L is €30 and if you are interested, the 5L is €130 (I'm getting one of these for myself anyway:D)

I will be making not very much profit on this.... so its your chance to grab a big bargain!!

======================
Dr Leather Advanced Leather Cleaner 500ml.
Created by the Leather Technologists that actually develop and manufacture the leather used in automotive, aviation and household upholstery leather products, Dr Leather Leather Cleaner is an effective way to clean and maintain your leather products today.

•Created by Leather Technologists for modern leathers.
•Gently cleans the all-important coating of the leather.
•Restores the original feel and look to the leather.
•Unique chemistry recreates the new leather aroma.
•Top-coat friendly aqueous based pH neutral formulation.
•Bio-degradable and non-toxic formulation.
•Silicone free to ensure no slippery, shiny surfaces.

Usage Guidelines
•NOTE: This product is not designed for nubuck, suede or unfinished leathers.
•Shake well before use.
•Spray onto leather surface and begin cleaning.
•After adequate agitation, wipe down with a soft, clean cloth.
•On areas that are heavily soiled the process may need repeating.
•Use on a regular basis to maintain leather cleanliness and longevity.

===============================

If you have any questions on Leather Care or Products, let me know. It is one part of car care that I know better than 95% of Detailers. (Just do an advanced search DW for "Leather" and "Spirit Detailing" and you will find me advising as far back as 2007 (especially to stop using conditioners!).:cool:

If you are interested in getting a bottle, please stick your name down here. :)

Thanks guys.

Brian

·
Inspect-Correct-Perfect
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys,

Sorry for the late replies. Postage is €5 for the 0.5L bottles. For anybody near me in Leixlip or out Trim / Navan direction, I will see if I can meet up with you instead.

In the meantime, it seems my legendary high standards of leather care and preservation techniques is reaching the right people. Have a look at the Gliptone website and just scroll to the bottom of this page if you want to skip the drudgery of the content...
LINK

It raised a smile with me anyway.... I still stand by my position of not recommending conditioners!! :cool::D

Cheers,
Brian

·
Inspect-Correct-Perfect
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, first batch actually sold before it even touched ground. I'm expecting it in on Monday. The demand has been huge for Dr Leather's new cleaner so even he has run out of stock!! More due in soon though.

If anybody is interested in getting a bottle, get on to me asap as I will be putting the price up to normal retail in the near future. It is an outstanding product though so I would get my name down asap. :cool:

Cheers
Brian

·
Inspect-Correct-Perfect
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Brian,

That's for you guys. The order arrived today so I'm going to be in the workshop from 10 until 4 tomorrow if anybody wants to collect.

Otherwise, paypal is fine for ordering. €21 + €5 P&P. My email address is the paypal id. Brian"@"spiritdetailing.com .... just remove the quotation marks.;)

Can everyone who put their name down, please drop me a PM with your address when you've done the Paypal transaction.

Cheers
Brian

·
MM_in_Mullingar
118 Posts
Hi Brian, can you put me down for a 1L bottle please. Let me know when it is in, and I will probably collect it.

Thanks, MM.

·
Inspect-Correct-Perfect
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No problem. The first batch was snapped up although not everyone who went for it initially followed through. There were others waiting so no problems there. The introductory offer will only be available for a short while so if anybody else wants some, let me know asap.

€21 for 0.5L and €30 for the 1L (which is great value really!)

Cheers
Brian:D

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Stick me down for 1 litre Brian

Paypal? Bank lodgement etc?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Hey I'll go for a litre via PayPal, do you work late any day? Up in Dubland for the next 5 weeks :(
Oh, what address do I PayPal?

·
Inspect-Correct-Perfect
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey I'll go for a litre via PayPal, do you work late any day? Up in Dubland for the next 5 weeks :(
Oh, what address do I PayPal?
PM sent.

Cheers
Brian

·
Inspect-Correct-Perfect
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Used this today on the M3 - the front seats had become particularly shiny. Am seriously impressed with the results - they look better now than when I bought the car 4 years back!
Great. Glad you like it. I've been getting 100% good feedback on it.

Its great as either a maintenance product for monthly wipe downs and keeping a noticable leather aroma in the car, or for a deep cleaning to get rid of grime, old conditioner and silicone build-up (that's why they get shiny).

Just don't forget to give it a shake before you use it... ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts