BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
In the HAUS
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lads just putting out the feelers,

We have plenty of meets in Blanchardstown SC but I can't help but feel that it's just the same people that go each time, it would be nice to see a few more faces.

Has anybody got any ideas of locations that could be tried out to see if it suits more people?

Don't get me wrong, Blanch is a great spot for Meets but a change of scene might be nice from time to time.

I though the pheonix park popes cross carpark is a good spot(and you can go dogging afterwards :D :D)

-John

·
2007 LCI E60 535d MSport
4,722 Posts
Charlestown Shopping Centre
Phoenix Park
North/South Quays
Airside
Howth Summit

·
E65 7er E46 M3 vert
412 Posts
Yeah Dont think the summit be could as don't think big hills and rwd beemas and drop in temperatures are good combination
What bout Tesco carpark balbriggan 1 month ,then Charlestown the next month ,then liffeyvalley ,then dundrum at least we would cover a wider area and everyone gets a chance of having q meet close to them at some stage so should bring newer faces

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

·
#1 Fair City Fan
2,477 Posts
Yeah Dont think the summit be could as don't think big hills and rwd beemas and drop in temperatures are good combination
What bout Tesco carpark balbriggan 1 month ,then Charlestown the next month ,then liffeyvalley ,then dundrum at least we would cover a wider area and everyone gets a chance of having q meet close to them at some stage so should bring newer faces

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
You forgot the square :rolleyes:

:p

8,261 Posts
Major issue is security.

We had a big enough meet in Clarehall last June and got moved on after half an hour and no messing etc. Blanch we have established a good relationship with the security thanks to mainly Ross and anyone who attends and always good behaviour.

Not saying its a bad idea John dont get me wrong but worth bearing in mind ;)

Airside is also good, never moved on from there but doesnt attract a crowd even tho its 3 minutes from M50/M1 Airport exit.

Even with change of location probably still attract the same crowd as some people think they need a special car to go to a meet :confused::confused::confused: i have met numerous people over the past while who wont attend meets "because my car is only a ... and not up to standard"

Maybe location is not the issue, maybe we need a reason to go like some strippers :D:D

·
2003 E39 525i
5,618 Posts
We're long over due a meet, involving a drive!

During the summer, we'd met up in the evening, but this time of the year, it would have to be a weekend, early afternoon meeting time. This usually clashes with people's hangover / drinking time, cutting the grass, painting the fences, etc, etc, but usually gets a good turn out.

Usually meet in the Spawell car park, head South and take a spin through the mountains. Up around Sally Gap and Lough Tay was one, another was up towards Blessington / Valleymount. Another we did one where we stopped off for grub somewhere around Glendalough (I think)....anyone got a suggested route, with somewhere with a bit of grub and decent car park...should be quite on these roads at this time of the year so should be enjoyable.

Sorry Jeff, I know you've put away the cars for the winter!

·
Registered
704 Posts
How many make it to the Blanchardstown meet???
Its very hard to get lads to meets, everyone should make more of an effort me thinks..

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
We're long over due a meet, involving a drive!

During the summer, we'd met up in the evening, but this time of the year, it would have to be a weekend, early afternoon meeting time. This usually clashes with people's hangover / drinking time, cutting the grass, painting the fences, etc, etc, but usually gets a good turn out.

Usually meet in the Spawell car park, head South and take a spin through the mountains. Up around Sally Gap and Lough Tay was one, another was up towards Blessington / Valleymount. Another we did one where we stopped off for grub somewhere around Glendalough (I think)....anyone got a suggested route, with somewhere with a bit of grub and decent car park...should be quite on these roads at this time of the year so should be enjoyable.

Sorry Jeff, I know you've put away the cars for the winter!
i like the sound of this more after seeing jeff's photots from the last time he was out im eager to get out on a drive rather than carpark meet :)

"That would be an ecumenical matter"

1 - 20 of 55 Posts