BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm not knocking you here but the southside already has the biggest meet once a month less that 5 minutes from here, with coffee, food and ample parking. Why confuse things and try set up another in a less than ideal location?

Big differance between 5 blokes hanging round a carpark after dark and 200 genuine car enthusiasts talking shop
Whats that called and where is it. all makes of cars yeah?

·
Bring Back The Queen!!
4,612 Posts
Fck go karting, trackdays are the way forward. :D

Personally I don't see the need to change the location away from the blanch meet, the location is perfect for most, even if some people won't pay the toll charge. Maybe change from a Wednesday evening to a Saturday afternoon won't do any harm.

There's always cherrywood the first Sunday of every month, then you've cars and coffee in athlone, cork and limerick too.

Plus there has been various shows on during the summer.

Let's be honest about it, you could hold a meet in some people's back garden and they still wouldn't bother their bollox turning up, too busy doing a William Wallace from the comfort of their bedrooms.

Blanchardstown meets work, cherrywood meets work best just leave it at that IMO. If people can't bother turning up then that's their loss.
See my previous post. A quick search here will yield a lot more info

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
That's the Cars & Coffee at Cherrywood, first Sunday of every month. All sorts of stuff turns up, from 2CVs to Ferrari Challenge Stradales. BMWs are normally one of the best attended marques too, mostly from this site

·
Bring Back The Queen!!
4,612 Posts
chill boys its only a suggestion..
Waldo I'm not attacking anyone here so relax:)

I'm merely pointing out that meets/shows already happen on a regular basis and some people can't/won't/don't bother with them.
As Bart put it all of a sudden people are tripping over themselfs talking about this that and the other, summer is now over and whetever chance you had getting someone out during them months there's no chance now.
Off hand during the summer we had

Dublin meet sands hotel
Big meet athlone
Blarney
Ni meet carackfergus
BMW classic kildare

Plus
Trim classic
Low life c&c
Cherrywood once a month

Probably more too.

By all means organise a meet yourself, just don't be susprised if no one turns up

·
Registered
704 Posts
That's the Cars & Coffee at Cherrywood, first Sunday of every month. All sorts of stuff turns up, from 2CVs to Ferrari Challenge Stradales. BMWs are normally one of the best attended marques too, mostly from this site
Thank you sir;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Next meet?

Thank you sir;)
Hi guys

I'm new to this site and would be interested in going along to the next meet. I see there's a meet on the first Sunday of each month in Cherrywood. What time are these usually on? Does anyone know when the next one is planned in Blanchardstown? I'm based in South Dublin and could zip out the M50...

Cheers

Rua

·
Bring Back The Queen!!
4,612 Posts
Hi guys

I'm new to this site and would be interested in going along to the next meet. I see there's a meet on the first Sunday of each month in Cherrywood. What time are these usually on? Does anyone know when the next one is planned in Blanchardstown? I'm based in South Dublin and could zip out the M50...

Cheers

Rua
Starts from 10.30am till 1pm ish

·
Transmission.ie
641 Posts
We used to use Balally car park in Dundrum, once theres nobody messing or too much noise be graaand, plus it's rather toasty downstairs. Even in Winter ;)

Sent from my phone using mobile interwebz

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don't get me wrong, Blanch is a great spot for Meets but a change of scene might be nice from time to time.

-John
mm, i live in blanch for the past five years and its first time i read of bmw meets. maybe i don't get around enough or in need of friends change. lol

41 - 55 of 55 Posts