• E46

Votes: 8 23.5%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets talk about best old 3 series...:D

Want to know people opinions on reliability,tunability,comfort,costs,looks,driving capabilities,reliability,engine performance,fuel consumption,driving experiences,TOP SPEEDS,interior quality,ageing,...etc etc etc

If lads would post a treir best bmw pics on chosen subject would be just niceee...Hope this thread will become interesting daily stuff,for 3 serie owners.

Which one u choose?

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Iv had several variants of all 3 hard to beat a good e30 also a nice 6 cylinder e36 coupe is a nice drive the e46 would be my least favourite too many niggly problems with them and very fond of tramlining

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iv had several variants of all 3 hard to beat a good e30 also a nice 6 cylinder e36 coupe is a nice drive the e46 would be my least favourite too many niggly problems with them and very fond of tramlining
Would be allright to hear from e46 owners...Should i add e92 as well to this thread?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Who molested that second E36 in your first post? :p

E46 or E90 for me. E30 I wouldn't like as a daily driver, E36 not plush enough inside. E46 great value and best car I've ever had. E90 seems as if it'd be a bit detached, but I'm a geek, so like iDrive!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who molested that second E36 in your first post? :p

E46 or E90 for me. E30 I wouldn't like as a daily driver, E36 not plush enough inside. E46 great value and best car I've ever had. E90 seems as if it'd be a bit detached, but I'm a geek, so like iDrive!
I got a picture of this think 3 yars ago..Out in kildare there was some cars in that place...I wouldnt mind the seats of a that yoke:rolleyes:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I find the e36 interior good enough.What about the wear on e46?And the buttons falling out ?

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
I find the e36 interior good enough.What about the wear on e46?And the buttons falling out ?
Mine is just coming up on 100k - only wear was on the rubber coating on the coin tray, sorted that by peeling off the coating witha bitta hot water! :)
No buttons gone, never knew it was an issue.
Leather could badly do with a refurb ok, that's about it..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wonder where gone those days when people used to get miles out of their cars.
Is it only me or the newer cars when they reach the age of e30's there will be only spare wheel and abunch of bad memories left....:eek:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Like said above, your more detached in the E92 over the E46! But again the E92 is far superior in terms of the interior, and styling. Other than E92 M3, my favourite of them all is probably E30 325 sport!!

Would like to see real durability test between them....

·
Registered
167 Posts
I drove an e30 316 and it was a nice straight drive. Drove a few friends e36's and they were nice comfy cars. Although I'd pick my own e46 all day long. It's much more plush and straight as an arrow to drive.

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
these shots highlight the e36 interior better :D

this has been covered before i dont think any one car is better than the other each model has its own individual charm some like the newer the car the better some peolple like the older characters with a bit of a story

for me personally i like all 3 and would drive either happily this is the way i sum them up

e30- one of the rawest driving experiences you can get from bmw just you and the tarmac no fancy gadgets no safety crap just good motoring

e36 - old school looks with modern practicality

e46 - the comfiest of the 3 definitely the nicest place to sit in but its not all about the cockpit :D

its very hard to decide it just depends what you want from your car

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any owners that would comment on bad poinst of their car interior..?

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Yeah, quite disappointed with the build quality of the e36 interior!! I replaced my interior about 6 months ago but have introduced a few rattles unfortunately! I don't think the doorcars were designed to be removed- which means I'll have to take them off again and glue everything!!

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
as older as better! hate E46,with all the problems,front wishbones,leaking engines,head gaskets,all water hoses around,door handles,door locks,window buttons ,brake calipers ,exhaust problems and much more,probably worst model in my opinion.

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Yeah, quite disappointed with the build quality of the e36 interior!! I replaced my interior about 6 months ago but have introduced a few rattles unfortunately! I don't think the doorcars were designed to be removed- which means I'll have to take them off again and glue everything!!
mines squeek free :D i got all new door card clips and each one had a small rubber washer on it there were only 3e for 12 on ebay job sorted :D

·
Registered
618 Posts
I'm an oaf, when moving I managed to crack the silver pax door handle with the base of an office chair.
I haven't yet worked up the courage to go into a pharmacy looking for 'this shade of silver nail polish please'. :D
Is that a bad point?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts