BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks in need of some help hear.My problem is that i have torn my rear subrame on the driver side diff mount from the floor pan i have herd of this happing to other e36s in Ireland but cant find anywere that has carried out the job outside warranty as this car is old i dont want to spend to much on it to fix it but dont want to scrap it either any help would be great as i have tried every thing

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Am fairly certain this happened to Richie from Pro-Parts with his old 325i - will ask him who did the work. Try giving Robert Furley a buzz as well - he's just about as cheap as it gets, but extremely good at what he does.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks lads il give Robert a ring today its just the car isnt wort that much but id still like to keep it so if the work is cheap enough il go ahead with it thanks again lads as ive asked mates of my Da s and was getting no wear.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I had this problem recently in my E46 323ci. BM covered the job which would have cost upwards of 4k!!! They told me it was 40hrs of labour + parts. Ouch!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mate if it cost me that id have to get rid of it and start again with another BM after all the hard driving i put up on it this year it needs a few things to tidy it up the killer is i just replaced the gearbox myself on the ground (not easy) 4 weeks ago. But that was my own falt but this has realy pissed me of

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lads I rang Robert and he said he d have a look at it next week thanks again il keep ya informed of how much and il post up pic s of the damage if i can

·
Registered
13 Posts
yeah this is also a problem on the m52 e46 323 and 328 they redisgned the part on the m54 325/330 hope u get it sorted

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lads went to see Robert yesterday and he has said he d do the job.He gave me a great price and seems like a nice guy i wish to thank you all for your help with this as i am very greatfull

·
Registered
13 Posts
nice one its always good when a plan comes together :)

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad to report that i got the car back yesterday. And its as good as new Robert did a great job and tidyed a few little things up while he had the car.He is a bit off a drive to get to but he s price s are great thanks againfor the help lads.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea mate ill come along depending on if i get afew bits and pices done to the car.Ie(Ball Joint,Rear lamp,And an Nct test)so il be busy over the next few weeks and the big killer was today Road tax.I hope to get pics of the subframe while the work is fresh as the finish is very good.And Rob mate i still need the wheel i sent you a PM.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts