BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Anyone know anything about this error and how to reset
theres a way of de-activating it altogether , did the car come with check control or was the obc retrofitted ? reason i ask is that when the obc is retrofitted the check control isusually inactive as nobody bothers setting it up

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it was not retrofitted it's oem just want to have it working properly, what does that error mean

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
No it was not retrofitted it's oem just want to have it working properly, what does that error mean
so was mine oem when there retrofitted you would be none the wiser as to wheter or not its from the factory the only way you can be sure is to pull it out and see what the connections are like or if you have the build sheet for the car , as for its meaning its exactly what it says your check control is inactive theres something wrong with it could be just a loose wire could be more

put your finger directly under it (hand in the sunglass holder bit) and pop it out and have a look

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
I just replaced it with one from another car and seem to be getting same error
i didnt think it owuld have been the computer i just think you dont have check control if you want to stop that form coming up on the screen have a look at 318 cosmos guide on the obc retro theres a way to knock it off altogeter

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1998 e36 318is M44b19 ... it came with a 7 button obc n I retrofitted a 11 button can anyone help me I'm getting the error code check control inact. I cant change to LOCK ON .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts