BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey there

I got a pic of yourself from yesterday will post it up when I get a chance you were doing very well yesterday, do you know the fella in the silver E36?

He was on fire :cool:
Wasn't to bad considering was my 1st day out drifting in over a year and a new car to get used to... Looking forward to seeing pic, tat was Kevin cummins in the silver m3... He's off he's head:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Thanks for the vid lad...only spotted them ther now

Thanks man... V8 sounds interesting throw up a thread with a few pics:smile:

Not much done since, only strengthen the wishbones and extended tie rods for more thread in the track rods as only had a few threads and was worrying be a small bit..

Next plan is camber arms and front strut brace....

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
nice pic! :smile:

Glad it's going well for you! I sold my 323 drift slut tonight as I bought a 3L M3 too to keep me going until I have the Evo properly built.

Just going doing the basics in it and try not to get carried away in it though and keep it off the lift as much as I can so it remains useable for as many track days :p

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
nice pic! :smile:

Glad it's going well for you! I sold my 323 drift slut tonight as I bought a 3L M3 too to keep me going until I have the Evo properly built.

Just going doing the basics in it and try not to get carried away in it though and keep it off the lift as much as I can so it remains useable for as many track days :p
Seen that on done deal lad...was a very cheap starter car for someone.

Just doing the basics was my plan too lad... Didn't last long though :smile: hoping to get out couple more time this year, she won't need to see the lift atall sure BMWs for drifting Nissans for fixing:p

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Hahaha. Very true!!!

Friend of mine built an Evo this year and for what he spent building the Evo from a standard M3 up, it used cost him nearly the same each year for the last three or four years to keep his S14 going and he still missed half the year due to it blowing up one way or another :(

Yea... I know I say that my 3L is going to be cheap and cheerful and only the essentials..

But my idea of the "essentials" wanders very quickly. Just take my E36 that's getting the S54 and shit... That started as a 328 engine dumped into it with M50 manifold, ECU remap, M20 flywheel and clutch, FK coilovers, Extra lock and small case 4.3 diff.

Now I'm going seam welding it, FIA cage, custom tubular front arms, a 380bhp S54, cf airbox with anything else that pops up that I like between now and when I finish it...

So that bottom less pit that just swallows bags of money an time for shits and giggles sitting in the corner of the garage will be my deterrent from getting ideas for the 3L :D

323 sold to a fella in Cork that wants to start out so howpfully he'll be out in watergrasshill soon if we can organise another one before the end of the year.

Are you going to try do Tynagh the end of next month?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Jesus that sounds a serious beast... It's very easy to get carried away alright, I had a max budget of 3 grand, tat was blown out of the water in the 1st couple of months,..

But glad I took my time with it now and spend the money on the right parts, still a lot I wanna do with it in time but at the moment I'm happy with it, and wanna get as much seat time as I can, much point having a car with all the bells and whistles and not been able to drive it...:smile:

I'd love to have done tyangh but will be away at a rally in Clare tat weekend..

Hopefully 1 more day in mondello and Wgh be great too! Dunno about a 4:1 in Wgh thoug.... Is ther such a thing as a Meduim case 3:7 or 3:9 off the shelve or is it a case off sorting bit and building one?? Any pic of your evo wouldn't mind an ole nose:smile:

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
My Evo is still just a shell now with all its parts all over the floor, inside it, on an engine stand lol.
I'll probably have it altogether and looking like a car again in the new year all going to plan.

4.1 is perfect in wgh to be honest. It's all 3rd and maybe 4th gear.

Any diff above a 3.15 in E36 medium case must be built up. I'm trying to get in parts to build a selection of them soon and I'll probably be building a few to sell too depending on wha people need.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
You were doing well on Monday lad ;)

Total E36 lovefest on track all day they are taking over!
Thanks Fiona slowly getting to grips with it...ha ya ther taking over alright...I think people are finally starting to listen to chucky:p

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Was she driving a black 14??? I spun then with all the exctiment nearly pulling out in front of her...prob didn't go down to well:) infairness to here she's well able for it...sure I suppose you'll be swapping the camera for a drift car next:smile:

·
Autolifers.com
7,482 Posts
Yeah that's here with a bit of sticker bombing on the front window. She seriously gives a lot of the ladson track a run for their money!

I dunno Chucky said i can drive the car whenever i want but i would like to go somewhere quiet for a day to learn the ropes i would just get in everybody way during a practice day i think.

Would like some basics under my belt before i went on track it would only be fair to other people i think instead of holding them up while i get pulled out of the gravel!!
I will give it a shot someday i am curious just see could i manage it

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Sure that's wat practise days are for....hop in and give it ago...wouldn't be worried about been in people's way or stuck in gravel...sure we have all been ther some would say I'm still ther:)

Wit a few hints and tips from chuck you'd be drifting in no time....

21 - 40 of 51 Posts