BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slight change of direction with a couple of my projects so as it says on the tin; S50 from a 96 M3 Evo
Approx 90K.

Vanos replaced only a few thousand miles ago, VAC Motorsport mains and big end bearings just fitted with ARP mains and big end studs and bolts.

Re-flashed ECU with raised rev limit, adjusted vanos and Alpha-N mapping to enable running without the MAF and fitting of trumpets or carbon airbox

Very quite and strong engine prior to removal from car
Complete engine, loom, ECU, exhaust manifolds. Few other bits like fuel pump etc if needed.
Can be sold with 5 speed 328/M3 or 6 speed M3 Evo gearbox.

EWS removed to ease fitting to other cars and eliminate immobilizer failure.

PM if interested for more details.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will be a sweet engine once fitted alright! Pulled very well when it was in the donor car and was extremely quite when started from cold.

I'm only selling it as I've decided to re-shuffle my plans for a couple of my E30s in getting rid of a couple to just focus on one mental one from a good shell I have when I have more time and money to spend building it and buying the engine I want for it.

The upshot then of course is I have an S54 in need of a new home which will be the E36 but it needs a little semi rebuild so the S50 that was suppose to go in has to go to pay for it.

Would love to keep it obviously but too many ideas ends up with nothing being done and things going to waste... I'm finally growing up and acquiring a modicum of sense it seems :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dave is this engine still for sale please? thanks

Will be a sweet engine once fitted alright! Pulled very well when it was in the donor car and was extremely quite when started from cold.

I'm only selling it as I've decided to re-shuffle my plans for a couple of my E30s in getting rid of a couple to just focus on one mental one from a good shell I have when I have more time and money to spend building it and buying the engine I want for it.

The upshot then of course is I have an S54 in need of a new home which will be the E36 but it needs a little semi rebuild so the S50 that was suppose to go in has to go to pay for it.

Would love to keep it obviously but too many ideas ends up with nothing being done and things going to waste... I'm finally growing up and acquiring a modicum of sense it seems :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts