BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

6 months ago we were trying to start a group buy for E36 OEM mats but unfortunately the dealer stopped supplying them.
So, I did some search and found that websit from UK: http://www.nm-motorsport.com/acatalog/BMW-E36-Mats.html

they say Its made by OEM and they have 2 types, short pile for 49£, and thick pile for 69£, and they have OEM rubber mats ( for winter time, 25 £ front only).

I contacted them and they were happy to give us a discount price for a group buy.
this the reply from them:

Ahmed

Thank you for your email.

I am sure that there will be something that I can do for you and your forum. The mats that I sell are made by a manufacturer that makes mats for BMW. Whilst there are slight differences to genuine mats, my personal opinion is that the quality is as good if not better because they seem to use a heavier backing material which prevents the curling edges that you get with genuine BMW mats when they get a few years old.

The mats that you have seen are the short pile mats that are made from the same material as BMW City mats. Also available is the thicker pile velour mats but these cost about £20 GBP per set more. I use the short pile in my car because they are easier to clean and there is no thick pile to get flattened where your accelerator foot rests.

As for fittings, I can supply the original fittings assuming that BMW still make them. The fittings normally come in a separate bag and are the same size as original fittings so the original ones will simply clip into the holes in the mats.

There are 2 types of E36 mats, one for the convertible and another for all the other models.

Let me know if you are interested and I will check out the original fittings and quote you a group buy price.

Regards

Nigel
www.nm-motorsport.com

I don't have their discount price yet, but will get it soon. I wonder if any body still interested in this group buy??!!

I will put my name first on the list:
1. Aglan316i saloon, thick pile black, + rubber mats.

we will need a coordinator for this group buy as I am not really the best person for this.

·
I know nothing about BMW
3,038 Posts
the rubber ones are a pair, front only, the other is a full set ( front and rear).
I'll stick my name down provisionally for short pile full set and front rubber.

Will need to see the discount price before I can say for sure. :eek:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hi
got a quote today:

Ahmed

The mats in city quality are only available in anthracite (black). The velour quality mats are available in beige or grey but cost about £15 - £20 GBP more than the city quality.

For a group buy of 20 city sets, I can do them for £39 GBP per set with the fixings that come with the mats. If you want them with genuine fixings, it adds £21 GBP per set which I personally think is not worth the extra because the fittings that are included are good.

Assuming you are in Ireland rather than Northern Ireland, then shipping on 20 sets would be £130 GBP. It would have to be shipped in 2 packages because one would be too heavy.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards

Nigel
www.nm-motorsport.com

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im intrested, but need to see the price for group buy first,
is there a link for the mats, is there a bmw logo on them?
as far as I know there is no bmw logo on them. and this is the link for the mats:
http://www.nm-motorsport.com/acatalog/BMW-E36-Mats.html

for the rubber mats he might have few left not sure how many. might have minor damages from the storage, and the guy offered to charge only the shipping cost for them. so I think first come, first served:D:D:D

·
Registered
907 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
these are his words:

Ahmed

Sorry for the half answered questions. I know that the velour type mats were available in grey and beige but I am not sure whether they still do the city type in other colours – I will need to enquire.

I will enquire about the availability of colours and also whether the genuine BMW fixings are still available and will let you know.

As for the rubber mats, I have very few left and those that I do have left have some damage due to the fixings being pressed into the mats by the weight of the other mats on top of them. As they are no longer available from BMW and haven’t been for a long while, I didn’t dispose of them but if you can arrange a group buy of the other mats then I may be willing to include some of the best sets just for the cost of the shipping.

I will be in touch.

Regards

Nigel
www.nm-motorsport.com

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so if you want a free rubber set, you have to order another set and as I said, first come, first served:D

·
Registered
907 Posts
1. Aglan316i saloon, black, + rubber mats.
2. Chris - Rubber mats
3. mcung13 - saloon, black
4. armando- coupe, black,short pile + free rubber ones

1 - 20 of 31 Posts