BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a bit of a long shot but has anyone ever tried to fit sport seat backs & particularly the bases on to a standard (non-sport) frame?

From looking at RealOEM all the part numbers seem to be the same with the exception of the seat occupancy sensor mat for the passenger seat.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, I was just looking at those seats alright. Mine has the passenger airbag & that's the thing that is throwing me. On top of that the Sport headrests are a different part number.

·
(formerly Orientblaue36)
1,711 Posts
The Sport headrests are different but the seat backs should fit iirc..

·
Member 7184
486 Posts
Hi rebel.ranter
As far as I can see my only fear would be for the lower part of the seat to be honest...
There are four T30 retaining screws which hold the front bolster into place allowing the mechanism to stay in or come out (highlighted in red) for thighs support :eek:

I would not know if normal seats would have those four extra wholes in place or if those came only on sport seats ?
Let me know if you need more info on specific points of the sport seat structures as I have two frames with no pads at at the moment ? Should you wish I also have some headrests that you could keep to do some tests on your frames ?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi rebel.ranter
As far as I can see my only fear would be for the lower part of the seat to be honest...
There are four T30 retaining screws which hold the front bolster into place allowing the mechanism to stay in or come out (highlighted in red) for thighs support :eek:

I would not know if normal seats would have those four extra wholes in place or if those came only on sport seats ?
Let me know if you need more info on specific points of the sport seat structures as I have two frames with no pads at at the moment ? Should you wish I also have some headrests that you could keep to do some tests on your frames ?
Thanks for that, all the seat bases have those mounting points, I checked all the part numbers for the base & they are the same for regular & Sport seats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts