BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a e39 530d cheap and was wondering besides engine mounts will the e39 engine swap to the 320d.???
ill assume DME,EWS and ignition barrel can be swapped ?
I haven't a clue about the engine harness could i get it to work on e46? or will I need 330d harness?

thanks for any info :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Didn't the 530D engine come with an engine harness, DME etc, or is it still in the car if you have it?

Should be more than possible - I'd say (but open to correction) that the mounts / brackets are different to 330D - I know that the engine covers differ to accommodate the squeeze under the e46 bonnet.

More importantly the exhaust manifolds, transmission ratios will be different as will the final drive - not a job to try get completed over a weekend I'd have thought.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you do this swap ive both 320d an 530d there too any info for me
Didn't the 530D engine come with an engine harness, DME etc, or is it still in the car if you have it?

Should be more than possible - I'd say (but open to correction) that the mounts / brackets are different to 330D - I know that the engine covers differ to accommodate the squeeze under the e46 bonnet.

More importantly the exhaust manifolds, transmission ratios will be different as will the final drive - not a job to try get completed over a weekend I'd have thought.
Did you do the swap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts